Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I Group Items in a Parts Lists it Changes the Units

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jw3805
382 Views, 5 Replies

When I Group Items in a Parts Lists it Changes the Units

I am using Inventor 2012.  The problem i am having is when i group Items in my parts list it changes the units on me.  You can see in the attached picture the single item 15 is in inches (which is the unit i want)  while the grouped items are in cm.  When i ungroup they go back to in.  How do i change it to where it maintains the unts setting when it is grouped.  I have checked everywhere i can think of (styles editor, document properties, BOM, etc.) and cant seem to find where its causing the grouping to change units.  Thank you in advance for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
brendan.henderson
in reply to: jw3805

Not sure why the grouping is changing that. Can you supply a picture of the assy BOM (not the drawing parts list).

I would have thought that the units for these Content Centre members would be set in the CC?

As a final fix (so you can get the drawing out) you should be able to Apply Units Formatting to the Parts List. Check out this blog entry on this feature.

http://blh.com.au/#/blog/4572268941/Taming-your-drawing-Parts-List-MASS-values/5467090

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 3 of 6
jw3805
in reply to: brendan.henderson

Sure thing, here is the assembly BOM.

Message 4 of 6
jw3805

Also i've tried your suggestion of forcing the formatting in the column formatting and again it changes everything except whats been grouped.

Message 5 of 6
jw3805

Well i never figured out what was wrong with that first style but i got it fixed.  As this was an exisiting style of parts list i just created a new style that had all the same features and this one works.  I don't know who screwed up the previous style but my new one does exactly what i need it to.  Thank you again for the input.

Message 6 of 6
brendan.henderson
in reply to: jw3805

When you say 'group' items, are you meaning to combine identical rows by using the Part Number Row Merge in the assy BOM? If this is the case I'm a bit surprised it's working on rows 7 & 28 and 5, 8 & 30. A close look at the contents of the Part Number cells shows diferences in the contents so the Row Merge should through up a yellow filled cell with Varies, indicating that they are not the same.

P.S. Just got your last post. Glad you got it working.

bom.jpg

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report