Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update 3 for Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1 has been released

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
david.harris
1779 Views, 19 Replies

Update 3 for Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1 has been released

In our continuing efforts to provide high quality products, Autodesk has released Update 3 for Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1 which addresses multiple issues (see readme file).  This Update is Cumulative and includes all changes contained in Update 1 & Update 2 (see readme files for details).

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/update-3-fo...

Service Pack 1 is a prerequisite for this Update.  Please make sure you have it installed prior to installation of Update 3.

We thank all our customers who identified these issues and reported them to us. These reports give us the opportunity to improve the product and provide you with the best solution in mechanical design. We also thank you for your continued business and for feedback regarding the content of this update release.

Respectfully,

Autodesk Inventor Product Team

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

so the ghosting of leaving model edges whilst in a sectional view has been fixed but I am still seeing this in assemblies when moving some components

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 3 of 20

Stephen,

Can you please check your graphics driver settings, (nvidia control panel or other) & ensure that you have the settings applied to "let the 3D application decide" as opposed to any other non-default configuration ?

We've seen this make quite a difference.

Thanks
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 20
rhasell
in reply to: david.harris

Hi

I am not sure if I am posting at the correct location, but Update 3 has produced a new issue.

When using replace model reference in the drawing enviromnent, some compents do not show.

Sometimes this can be rectified by forcing a view rep change, ie, change to master, then back to view rep. (Adapatibity makes no difference)

Other times, the only way to fix it is to delete the view and recreate it.

This caught me out a few times, as sometimes one does not realise that something has fallen off the model.

Below is a few screen dumps of the process.

Step one - Original drawing

REPLACE-1.JPG

step 2 - replace reference.

REPLACE-2.JPG

step 3 model replaced. (All based off the same model, save as etc)

REPLACE-3.JPG

resultant corrupted views

REPLACE-4.JPG

REPLACE-5.JPG

The Final corrected view

REPLACE-6.JPG

Thanks

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 5 of 20
johnsonshiue

Hi! Regarding the behavior of components being missed in drawing view after the view source reference is changed, did you see it before you apply Update 3? Or, this is a new behavior that you just discovered? Could you provide a dataset exhibiting the behavior? If posting here is not appropriate, you can send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com) or I can set up a secure account for you to upload.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 20
rhasell
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi

Thanks for the response.

This is new behaviour, after applying the patch.

I will try and gather a small data set for you, as the whole model is too large to submit.

Reg
Message 7 of 20
rhasell
in reply to: rhasell

Hi

Attached is the data pack for the above example. I have tested it numerous times, and it is still broken, so the data pack is perfect as an example.

Thank you.

Reg
Message 8 of 20
lkrenzler

Wow I'd be careful with this "update".  Now when I drag one sub-assembly in an assembly, other sub-assemblies completely dissapear!  I've never had that before.  Not cool.

How do I safely uninstall this patch?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventor Pro 2019 - Win. 10 - GeForce GTX 1080 .
Message 9 of 20
johnsonshiue

Many thanks for providing the example! I am looking at it right now and I will get back to you with my findings asap.

Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 20
pball
in reply to: lkrenzler

To uninstall an update. Go to the control panel programs and features option. There is an option on the left to view installed updates. You should see any Inventor updates you've installed and be able to uninstall it from there

Message 11 of 20
johnsonshiue

Hi! I took a look at the files you attach. There are missing assembly files. Could you use Pack and Go to copy all the necessary files to a folder and zip them up?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 12 of 20
MikahB

After installing Update 3, I'm now getting the attached error when I load Inventor.  Even though I was working with Inventor this morning (applied Update 3 several days ago) it now will launch - with this error - but will not open any parts.

When I attempt to open an IPT file, I get "Cannot load library C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin\PmSrv.dll"

I'm going to try a clean install of Inventor, but definitely wishing I had just not tried to install this update in the first place.

Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB
Message 13 of 20
johnsonshiue
in reply to: MikahB

Could you send me the ipt file exhibiting the behavior?

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 14 of 20
MikahB

It is not a particular IPT file, it is any IPT or IDW file. I got one IAM file to open, and was able to open IPT from within that, but when I tried another IAM file Inventor wiped out.
Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB
Message 15 of 20
johnsonshiue

Hi! The behavior you described seems to indicate the Update 3 was not installed properly. I cannot reproduce the behavior on my end.. Could you uninstall and reinstall it to see if it works? Are you on Window 7 or Windows 8?

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 16 of 20
MikahB

Windows 7 Professional x64 as indicated in my signature. I tried uninstalling Update 3 (still had error after uninstall). Rebooted - still had error. Re-installed Update 3, still had error.

I'm going to try a clean Inventor install, seems like that should get it.
Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB
Message 17 of 20
johnsonshiue

Hi! I am sorry that I am a bit confused right now. Did you have this problem before installing Update 3? Or it starts to happen right after Update 3 is installed? Do you have any other patches installed right around the same time when you install Update 3?

Thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 18 of 20
MikahB

Been using Inventor wth all updates without any issues for months - last update would've been whenever the last update came out (I typically install new updates immediately).

When I first installed Update 3 on 3/17, it said it installed successfully but when I tried to open Inventor immediately after, I got an error (same error as mentioned above).  I rebooted my PC, restarted Inventor, and things were working fine.

I opened Inventor first thing this morning and authored some new parts, viewed and edited some old parts, etc. - no issues.  I then closed Inventor.  Later in the day, I opened it again and got this error during startup.  No updates were installed in the meantime - Autodesk or otherwise.

I rebooted (since that worked when I first installed the update) but still had the error.

I uninstalled Update 3, still had the error.

I rebooted, still had the error.

I re-installed Update 3, still have the error.

That's the extent of my troubleshooting at this point.  My next step is to uninstall Inventor completely and do a clean install - hopefully that will get it back to working correctly.

Probably a fluke if I'm the only one who's seen it - I'm okay with blaming me and/or my computer at this point! 🙂

Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB
Message 19 of 20
rhasell

Hi

Appolgies for not replying sooner.

The missing files are fasteners from the CC.  I have not had a gap at the office to resend them. If needed, just delete them from the attached example.

If you still need them I will try and send them next week.

Reg
Message 20 of 20
Hochenauer

MikahB,

it sounds like there was some sort of file corruption on your machine. The part modelling environment fails to load properly.

Reinstalling IV should fix that.

regards,

Gerald

Gerald Hochenauer
Senior Principal Engineer, Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report