Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to create a flat sheet metal pattern from a curved model

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
QBall
343 Views, 2 Replies

Trying to create a flat sheet metal pattern from a curved model

I created this model using a standard IPT and now would like to change it into a sheet metal IPT and create a flat pattern but am having difficulties getting it to flatten. Is this possible? I know I will have to break it up into 3 components and have tried that but I am stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: QBall

@QBall wrote:

I know I will have to break it up into 3 components....

If you use the Sheet Metal  Contour Roll to create the part is should unfold. (as one part-not as 3)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
QBall
in reply to: JDMather

Yes that works with the outside faces and to trim it I used the coil option to get the exact cut I wanted to obtain and the ability to make it a flat pattern. As for the inside face I have not been able to get that to work because all it does is makes a flat quarter circle. I need that portion to curve up as well. Still working on it to see if I can get it to work out the way I want and the ability to create a flat pattern.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report