Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template Files Reverting to Default

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
exSWX
541 Views, 7 Replies

Template Files Reverting to Default

We have a problem whereby our Templates revert back to a Default state.

This is totally random.

One operator can create a drawing with the correct template loading up, and seconds later another operator will report that an old 'Inventor' default template has loaded up. On investigation it appears all templates marked as "standard" revert back to older versions.

I have made the Templates read only, but the problem still persists.

Our VAR has no ideas as to what is causing the problem.

Has anyone elso had similar issues?

Autodesk Inventor 2021
Intel Xeon W3520 @ 2.67GHz
Win 10 Pro
6.7 System Rating
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pcrawley
in reply to: exSWX

You don't have a user quietly pressing this on the Welcome screen?

6-08-2013 1-40-37 p-m-.jpg

Can you run with all your templates named something other than "Standard" for a few days?  

Better idea:  Try changing your Project file so it points to a local folder for your Templates.  Copy all the templates to each users local folder - and run like that for a few days.  This might help you identify a particular problem user, or help you point the finger at your IT people and get them to have a look at the network location.

Sorry - clutching at straws.  I've never seen that behavior before.

Peter
Message 3 of 8
exSWX
in reply to: pcrawley

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

No, we create new parts, drawings etc from the New tab.

Not too keen on using Local Templates but will look into something along those lines. Problem is this is totally random and happens months apart.

Autodesk Inventor 2021
Win 10 Pro
6.7 System Rating
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Message 4 of 8
pcrawley

Fair enough.  It was the "and seconds later another operator..." bit that made me think it was a frequent problem - not months apart.

How about just moving the shared templates folder to another path?  A different network drive (preferably on a different pysical disk or server)?

Peter
Message 5 of 8
exSWX

Yep, sounds like a plan!

Thanks.

Autodesk Inventor 2021
Win 10 Pro
6.7 System Rating
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Message 6 of 8
exSWX

UPDATE.

I've moved the location of the Template files to another Network Location. All was working fine until one user saved his Application Settings. This replaced the drawing template with an Inventor "Default" template.

Realy confused as to why this is happening.

Autodesk Inventor 2021
Win 10 Pro
6.7 System Rating
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Message 7 of 8
pcrawley

Ah... How are you specifying the location of your template files?

Are you specifying the location using your Project file - or does it just say "Templates = Default", in which case the location is specified in Application Options>Files.

When one user saved their application options, did you all import them?  There's a space in application options for templates which possibly pointed you all back to your default set of templates.  (I personally prefer to override that by setting it from the Project file - avoids complicated setups.  Just join the project and off you go.)

Peter
Message 8 of 8
exSWX

Yeah, default is selected in project files and application options is set to this (see image)

Only 1 user imported the app options from my machine, and we both lost the required templates in favour of "default" template.

Other users were unaffected.

Thanks for your input.

Autodesk Inventor 2021
Win 10 Pro
6.7 System Rating
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report