Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEXTURE VISIBILITY

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
avaya2012
185 Views, 1 Reply

TEXTURE VISIBILITY

I posted a while back about an issue I had with a custom texture not showing up on my parts while they were showing up on a coworkers computer fine.  I received no good help on that post so I just ignored my issue.  I recently cured my own issue (I just needed to click Textures On in the View toolbar under Appearances).  I feel dumb even asking for help on that now, but I another issue arose.  I am thinking it is going to be a simple fix as well but I have not been able to find it.

Everytime I close out of a part or assembly it automatically turns the textures back off so I have to turn them on everytime.  I looked through the Application Options and Document settings to keep textures turned on but could not find anything.  Can anyone help me turn the textures on and leave them on?

Thanks,

CWW

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SBix26
in reply to: avaya2012

This option is stored in the Current_User section of the registry, and if I recall correctly, these settings are written (saved) when Inventor exits normally.  Sounds as if the registry is not getting the message, or you don't have sufficient access priviliges to that section of the registry.

For what it's worth, I have been having similar issues for the past three versions-- some of my application options, seemingly at random, are reverted to default.  I haven't found or heard of any solution for this, so I keep my exported settings handy for quick import.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report