Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembles and weghts in idws

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
swalton
383 Views, 3 Replies

Subassembles and weghts in idws

I am working on a new concept design for one of our custumers.  A criticial design parameter is the weight of each of several sub-assemblies.

I have an idw of the top level assembly where I have added Parts Lists of each of the critical subs to show the weight of the components used in each sub assembly.  I would like to add a line at the bottom of each Parts List that shows the total weight of that sub assembly.  I would also like the header of the Parts List to display the Part Number (from the sub assembly iprops). 

Is there a way to get whay I want from IV?  I am currently using IV 2012.

I have attached a .pdf mockup of what I want.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
EScales
in reply to: swalton

Message 3 of 4
swalton
in reply to: EScales

That is a neat app that I can see using, but I don't think it works in the IDW environment.  I will check with the program author.

Idealy, I will be able to create a part list style that I can add to my idw template and use on future designs.

Steve Walton
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 4 of 4
swalton
in reply to: swalton

I solved this by creating a custom balloon style that shows the part number and weight iprops of the subassemblies.  Not exactly what I wanted, but it showed the info to my customer.

Steve Walton

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report