Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress Analysis Help

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
donalddalli
569 Views, 5 Replies

Stress Analysis Help

(I am relatively new to these forums, so please excuse me if I may be posting this in the wrong section)

I'm having trouble with running a stress analysis simulation on Inventor. I have done various stress analysis on various simple parts but I have never encountered any errors during computation. I am quite sure that the errors arise due the complex geometry of the part, but I'm not sure how I can solve the problem. 

The error messages displayed this:

Surface Meshing.

Face could not be meshed. Try to adjust the mesh element size in the indicated area. IF this does not help, consider checking the model for validity, overlaps and self-intersections.

I would greatly appreciete assistance, as this is part of our engineering design project. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
blair
in reply to: donalddalli

It would be wise to post the part, since the error you are showing deals with a meshing issue.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 6
donalddalli
in reply to: blair

I have uploaded the file below as requested 

Message 4 of 6
blair
in reply to: donalddalli

Looks like the Split-Face is giving the Mesh a problem. Meshed fine with it Suppressed. You should be able to split the model in half (LH-RH) and it will mesh fine. You can even go to a 1/4 of the model as well.

I find it easier to Derive to a "FEA-Model", do my slice/section in it and run the FEA. Since it's Derived and as long as the link is not broken, any  change will update the FEA-Model for analysis.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 6
blair

There seems to be a problem with your model along the side flange. This is the root of your problem. It meshes fine doing a LH-RH split, as soon as it splits Top-Bottom this modeling feature issue causing the meshing to fail.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 6
donalddalli

I have successfully managed to perform the FEA analysis on the part, thanks to your help! I would like to thank you for your great assistance. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report