Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal Bend Relief

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
phillip.ramsdale
793 Views, 6 Replies

Sheet Metal Bend Relief

Ive imported a CATIA part and I'm trying to redraw it in Inventor. I have the main panels and bend rads in but I cannot for the life of me work out how to model the bend reliefs so they are similar to the ones on CATIA. The purpose of all of this is too reduce the bend reliefs that CATIA has produced even further.

Ive added both the original dumb solid from catia and the new inventor model to an assembly and contrained them in line so hopefully you see what I mean.

Any Help would be very much appreciated 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi phillip.ramsdale,

The file you attached is an empty assembly file. We'll need the part files also, in order to be able to see your geomtery. If you're having trouble attaching files, you might try adding screen shots as well.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 7

Thanks. Updated 🙂

Message 4 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: phillip.ramsdale

@phillip.ramsdale wrote:

The purpose of all of this is too reduce the bend reliefs that CATIA has produced even further.

You will not be able to do this with the Inventor sheet metal tools.

You will have to do it as a trimmed surface body in Inventor and then Thicken.

Also, I would stay away from Adaptive, and it looks like you are doing too much work.

I assume you did get flat of original

Bend Reliefs.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
phillip.ramsdale
in reply to: JDMather

Hi JD,

I've managed to get a flat of the orginal yes. I'm not quite sure how to do the surface body so I will have to look into it. Do I do this in the flat state of folded state? (apologies for lack of knowledge) only recently got inventor after 6 months of using it at college. We havent done much at all on the sheet metal side of things.

Message 6 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: phillip.ramsdale

I (almost) always model sheet metal parts in the folded state.

This one would be a bit of a challenge.

I noticed that the original was not completely symmetrical and it looked like in your attempt you are making it symmetrical.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
phillip.ramsdale
in reply to: JDMather

The original is actually supposed to be symmetrical. I think it was CATIA deciding to do something different for one reason or another.

What im trying to do is get the basic shap and dimentions and try to blend the reliefs in as much as humanly possible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report