Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection problem, Preview problem, Content center problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
885 Views, 3 Replies

Selection problem, Preview problem, Content center problem

1.) Does anyone have the same problem selecting principal planes in Inventor 2010? When I select a plane (mostly to measure distances or angles) selection preview is either wrong (different plane shown) or it is delayed (I have to move the mouse to show which plane is being selected).

2.) Does anyone have the same problem with previewing assembly constrains? Preview is delayed which is a real burden.

3.) Does anyone have the same problem with measuring distances when object are overlayed? Usually in that case you have a selection box with left/right arrows and middle square to pick your choice. It simply does not work

4.) Does anyone know how to set up content center in the case of sinlge user (not going through vault)?

I'm using Windows 7 Professional, Inventor 2010 SP3.

Thanks,

Nenad

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

No all but #3, which can be a problem some times.

Change your delay setting: Application Options>Selection>Select Other delay = 0.4

Try using the "Enable Optimized Selection", this will layer your items within the IAM from closest to the screen to farthest away. It may make item selection easier or not.

A slow system will affect selection as well.

CC not Vault: When you install Inventor you are given the choice of CC to desk-top.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi About problem no 1 and 2: I had the same problem on my Laptop. The issue is graphic card: i have downloaded latest version of my graphic card drivers (ATI mobile radeon HD 5470) and then in Inventor i have checked "Software Graphics" in "Hardware" in Application Options (Tools ribbon). The delay between "what is" and "what suppose to be" has been erased, so this is only solution that I have found. I hope it will help You also Cheers
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks a ton, icziko. Yes, of course, the graphics card. This problem has been driving me absolutely crazy for my first few weeks learning Inventor.

I had tried the other suggestions with respect to Enable Prehighlight, Select Other Delay, and changing color schemes without success. I had the same problems with planes, measure, and much more. It basically is that the display lags behind until the next click (e.g. trying to highlight a plane, but it does not show you the first one until you select the second one which causes the confusion). This happened in features too e.g. when trying to create an extrusion and wanting to toggle the direction it would result in forming the wrong way since I would basically toggle one too many times based one the delayed preview.

My default Graphics Setting under the Hardware tab was "Use Direct3D graphics hardware" which is noted as being the autodesk recommended setting for Vista using Direct3D 10. I toggled to "Use Direct3D graphics hardware" which is the "Autodesk Inventor recommended setting". To my knowledge, this is the way the default install was configured. I am unsure whether my IT guys changed this setting or not. I am unable to install my own windows updates, but I will try to update all drivers and OS as well.

I also turned on the two warnings on the bottom of the form to worn me of any possible issues when in use.

The Diagnostics command button on the very bottom informed me that I DO have Direct3D10. Here is some of the other information shown from that dialogue if anyone finds it useful for their hang-up. 

Inventor Version:

Build: 284, Release: 2010 SP4 - Date: Thu 06/23/2011
32-Bit Edition - 2.00 GB

System Information:

Operating System: 32-bit Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.111025-1505)
System Model: Precision WorkStation T3500
Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3505 @ 2.53GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
System Memory: 4096MB RAM
Dedicated Video Memory: 1014MB
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514

Graphics Device Information: DirectX Version: 10.0

Adapter Description: ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)

Inventor Graphics Device Information: Graphics Hardware Description: ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report