Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section in view engineer's notebook

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Ryan.Martinez
666 Views, 4 Replies

Section in view engineer's notebook

Anyone know if this is possible? I figured this would be a no-brainer, but apparently I am missing something. I usually use a sketch and freeze the view when i am trying to show changes to a part. Not sure what inspired me to try it this way today.
P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: Ryan.Martinez

Ryan,

Soo, what is your question?

Are you talking about freezing (which is more of an Autocad term) or are you talking about suppressing or turning off the visibility?  In the part or drawing?  Not clear as to what exactly you are talking about, let alone what you are trying to do.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
Ryan.Martinez
in reply to: Cadmanto

Sorry for the confusion, I have a real, real bad case of the Friday's right now. I am trying to section my model and then bring that sectioned view into the engineers notebook so i can detail some revision changes. Problem is, I create a half section, end the command, then create a note, but when i enter engineer's notebook environment my model is not sectioned. I poked around before coming here to try to figure this out but have had no luck. I am not sure if what i am trying to do is even possible. I usually use a sketch when i am doing this, but for some reason I was inspired to try it this way today.
P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Cadmanto

@Cadmanto wrote:

Are you talking about freezing (which is more of an Autocad term) ....

Actually, Freezing a Notebook image has been in Inventor for as long as I can remember.

Freeze.png

Split the part with a workplane.

Change the face color properties as desired.

Create the Note at the top level node of the part.

Freeze the image.

Return to modeling environment and Delete the Split feature or Suppress or drag the EOP above.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
Ryan.Martinez
in reply to: JDMather

Awesome, perfect work around. I forget about the split tool sometimes, I almost never have to use it. Thanks JD
P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report