Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK Copy Design 2012

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
PJKeeffe
918 Views, 7 Replies

SDK Copy Design 2012

Is there a bug with SDK Copy Design (2012)? -worked fine in 2011. Don't want to go to vault as I am single user and SDK Copy Design was great in IV2011.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: PJKeeffe

What kind of problems are you having?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 3 of 8
PJKeeffe

When activated it comes up with Error message " Unexpected error while processing files" It manages to create the new folders  but not process and rename files. Have tried 3 different  models including one that I manged to copy IV2011.

Message 4 of 8
mflayler2

Sounds like you should try the new iLogic Copy Design in IV 2012 (doesn't have to be an iLogic design).  Its been working great for me.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 5 of 8
PJKeeffe
in reply to: mflayler2

Thanks Mark for the solution . Yes - iLogic Copy Design does what Copy Design did but far more advanced. One thing I noticed that if you have a very large project the load up  time is long. I circumvented this by doing a Pack and Go on the original model and creating a new project-then applying  iLogic Copy Design. The resulting assembly can be copied into the original then modified. Copy Design was much simpler but at least now I can copy frame generated models much quicker than re-doing the frame and individual edits. It will be faster once I  become more familiar with iLogic Copy Design.

Message 6 of 8
SBix26

I just wish that iLogic Design Copy could do string substitution in filenames.  It's pretty useless for us right now without that capability, because our project number is part of the filename.  After the copy, we'd still have to use Design Assistant to change the filenames, and then a few days recovering from the consequent repetitive stress injuries!

Message 7 of 8
Greatwhitenorth
in reply to: SBix26

We also think the iLogic Copy Design is useless because of the missing Replace string function.  It would be ok if we wanted to keep adding prefixes and/or suffixes to our filenames for every design we want to copy.  Unfortunately, that's not how the real world works.

Hopefully, SP1 will fix this "bug".

Bob

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 8
Raider_71
in reply to: SBix26

Hi Sbixler,

Have a look at the free tool called Design Cloner. Its got the ability to do string substitution amongst other things.

http://www.mgfx.co.za/tools-for-inventor.htm

Cheers

Pieter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums