Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realistic Humanoid (possibly iMike 2013)

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
gsmith9810
2076 Views, 13 Replies

Realistic Humanoid (possibly iMike 2013)

OK, my iMike post got nothing...

...I just started a new position and our engineering group is using iMike. Given the state of the art, iMike is pretty tired. I'm wondering if anyone has built a better humanoid for including in doing assembly renders?

Or, put another way: In doing a final assembly render, is there something better than iMike for including a humanoid operator within the Inventor model. I suppose I could go external and drop something onto the resulting JPG but internal would be easier.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

- Gary

-------------------------------------------------------
Gary Smith
Inventor Product Design Suite 2013sp2
Windows 7sp1 64-bit
nVidia Quadro 2000
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

do a search here for manakin or similar...  it would be nice if autodesk produced one, there are 3rd party ones for true erganomics

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 3 of 14
gsmith9810
in reply to: gsmith9810

Thanks Stephen.

- G

Gary Smith
Windows 7sp1 64-bit
nVidia Quadro 2000
Message 4 of 14
mflayler2

I have a few from the Factory Asset Cloud if you want them...they are already posed though and not as "flexible" as iMike.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 5 of 14
gsmith9810
in reply to: mflayler2

Hi Mark,

Your guy is pretty muscular!  🙂

Looks similar to iMike. Maybe what I'm really looking for is a poseable manikin that happens post rendering and is dropped into the JPG or PNG.

- Gary

Gary Smith
Windows 7sp1 64-bit
nVidia Quadro 2000
Message 6 of 14
mflayler2

I suppose you could always try 3Ds Max or Navisworks (already has Avatars and comes with PrDS 2013 Prem and Ultimate) and render there.

You would have your work cut out for you with 3Ds Max if you have never used it.

Navisworks has more realisitc avatars, but they are not really posable either. (http://blogs.rand.com/manufacturing/2012/09/navisworks-simulate-custom-avatars-for-walkthrough-revie...)

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 7 of 14
mflayler2

Gary,

He should be muscular, he lifts my Factory Assets all day!

Message 8 of 14
Tommy1701
in reply to: mflayler2

Hi, 

I work at Rogue Fitness out of Columbus, Oh and we run Inventor 2016. I just got a copy of Imike for testing a few new designs I am working on, but once you drop it into a model it is frozen.  Is there a way to operate a model in an actual machine? 

any instructions to imike?

My email is teilerman@roguecontract.com 

thx

Tom

Message 9 of 14
mdavis22569
in reply to: Tommy1701

Hi and welcome to the forum @Tommy1701  make sure the assembly model is flexible 

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 10 of 14
Tommy1701
in reply to: mdavis22569

Hi Michael, 

I'm still new at some of the modeling options, the imike I have is movable as in its own assembly, but once you drop it into my assembly how would I turn on the flexibility? 

thx

Message 11 of 14
Tommy1701

ok, I figured it out right click on the assembly of imike in the model dropdown and select flexible. Cool!!
Message 12 of 14
JDMather

Right click on the sub assembly node and select Flexible.

Flexible.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 13 of 14

Hi Mark

Do you know how can I download IMike?

Jose 

Message 14 of 14

@jose.valenciaE956V wrote:

Do you know how can I download IMike?

http://cbliss.com/inventor/Parts.htm

Hmm, looks like the download link is broken.

I'll have to see if I have the assembly somewhere...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report