Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REIMISSING ALL MY CONTENT CENTER FILES

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
WILLIAMF
1032 Views, 6 Replies

REIMISSING ALL MY CONTENT CENTER FILES

I just installed inventor on a new computer and all the assemblies I open that had content center fasteners are now missing links. How can I fix this?

Dell Precision 5820
Windows 10Pro
Quad Core Intel Xeon
32 Gb SDRam
NVIDIA Quadro
Product Design Suite 2019 Ultimate
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: WILLIAMF

Did you point the new install to the correct Content Center location?  Is the Content Center Add In loaded?  What version of Inventor?  Desktop CC content or Vault?

hmmm,... did I miss anything?

Message 3 of 7
WILLIAMF
in reply to: cbenner

2012 product design suite, content center add-in is loaded, Using desktop CC content, no vault. Where should I direct the CC location to then?

Dell Precision 5820
Windows 10Pro
Quad Core Intel Xeon
32 Gb SDRam
NVIDIA Quadro
Message 4 of 7
jeanchile

I believe you just need to copy all the content center parts from your back up to the saved directory listed in your application options. I'm talking about the actual part files created when you place a CC file, not the family data.
Inventor Professional
Message 5 of 7
WILLIAMF
in reply to: jeanchile

Don't understand what the back up is and saved directory. Please clarify. Thnaks

Dell Precision 5820
Windows 10Pro
Quad Core Intel Xeon
32 Gb SDRam
NVIDIA Quadro
Message 6 of 7
jeanchile

I'm on my phone because I am travelling right now so I can't post any screenshots and I am going from memory here. Others might be able to help out better but here's the explanation:

The files that are created when you place a component from content center are saved to a specific location on your hard drive. This location is specified by default in your application options so look there to see where they are stored. You have the power to alter this and you may have done so I don't know. What I am trying to say is that the files you are looking for are only going to exist on your new computer if you copy them back over from somewhere else (e.g. the old computer, a back up store somewhere, etc.) the files themselves do not exist on the installation media. CC doesn't have any files in it, it is only a database, the files are created when you place a component. If you haven't backed up the files from your CC location (again, specified in the application options) you are probably screwed, but I would do a search on this forum because this has been discussed about 100 times in the past and there are smarter people than me on this forum.

Going forward, if you have lost all you CC files, I would suggest you alter the default location of any newly created CC files either by changing the default location in your application options or by setting it on a project basis using the project file. For example, our project files specificy a location within the workspace where all of our CC files are stored for that project. That way when the project file is backed up, moved, whatever, the CC files go with it.

Good Luck!

Inventor Professional
Message 7 of 7
WILLIAMF
in reply to: jeanchile

Good explanation. I think I might be screwed. All the parts I installed from content center were on my local c drive. Now I have a new computer and all assemblies are missing the hardware. I did save everything I had on my old "C" drive and made a search path in my project on the new computer and some, but not al lhardware i had were found. Making some progress. Thanks

Dell Precision 5820
Windows 10Pro
Quad Core Intel Xeon
32 Gb SDRam
NVIDIA Quadro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report