Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Issue Inventor R2013 Screen Capture Mode

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
panzilte
923 Views, 7 Replies

New Issue Inventor R2013 Screen Capture Mode

Has anyone else seen this?  While one is using Inventor 2013 one steps away from their computer for a few minutes, when you return to start work Inventor goes into this screen capture mode.  Inventor and all the tabs, if one has multiple items open, capture the screen in the background.  If you try to switch tabs, minimize and maximize the tabs or even minimize the Inventor and maximize the Inventor nothing gets rid of this.  The only thing that works is closing Inventor and re-opening it.  The computers in the department have nVidia FX 1800 or Quadro 4000 video cards with either the Autodesk Certified Drives or the latest nVidia Drivers and this still happens.  What is the cause of the issue?  What is the fix?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
SBix26
in reply to: panzilte

I'd hardly call it "screen capture mode".  It is simply "Inventor graphics failure mode".  What operating system are you using?  

This happens to me pretty frequently, always associated with Windows locking the display (either after a time of inactivity, or me deliberately locking the computer when I walk away).  But not always.  Some days it doesn't happen all day long, other days it begins the first time the computer locks, and it continues until a reboot.  It is possible to close all the open files, then open them again without restarting Inventor, but I've noticed that this places the graphics in Software graphics mode, which is not at all helpful.

I'm hoping that a new computer and OS next week will resolve this...

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 3 of 8
panzilte

We are still running Windows XP - 64 bit.  We are planning on upgrading to Windows 7 in June of this year but I will not believe that until it actually happens. 

Message 4 of 8
panzilte

I have tried a couple of things that our Autodesk Support Company has suggested on my workstation and a co-worker's workstation.  The graphics error/failure still occurs.

Message 5 of 8
SBix26

I'm getting upgraded to Windows 7 on Tuesday.  I'll try to remember to report back here after a week or two.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 6 of 8
bob_holland

panzilte,

The behavior the you are describing is usually attributed to you display driver.
It is not waking up correctly after your system and been locked from inactivity or intentional.

I strongly suggest that you try a new video driver.
Here is the link to Autodesk’s certified graphics driver:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

Please try this and let us know what your test results were.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support
Message 7 of 8
panzilte
in reply to: bob_holland

I did what was recommended and downloaded the latest certified Autodesk driver for the nVidia verison 6.14.12.7642.  That DID NOT help.  A co-worker actually went to the nVidia and downloaded the latest driver and he gets the same results

Lenovo D20

Intel Xeon CPU E5607 @ 2.27 GHz

8 GB Ram

Operating System Windows XP-64

Quadro 4000

Message 8 of 8
bob_holland

Check your power plan settings.

Control Panel -> Pwer Options -> Change when Computer Sleeps -> Advanced Settings

Turn off all options for:

Sleep

PCI Express

Display

Tray that and post your results.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report