Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model sketch -> DXF

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MIS2000
382 Views, 1 Reply

Model sketch -> DXF

Hello people!

Is there a way to hide project geometry from model sketch? I am modeling a sheetmetal part where I need to sketch centermaks, part number etc. for laser cutting. I want to use xy planes for symmetry reasons when sketching, but I don't want them to appear in dxf. This is a problem if I create a dxf directly from the model.

Usually I create dxf files from drawing by adding new sheet where I create flat pattern view from the spesific part (excluding machinigs etc, only thermal cut boundaries visible). In the drawing I am allso able to show model sketches and hide unwanted project geometry. Is it possible to include these sketches to dxf?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MIS2000
in reply to: MIS2000

Problem solved!

1. place the desired view to new sheet

2. Include model sketches to view. Or you can make the sketch in the drawing view as well!

3. Set line coulous or hide lines etc.

4. delete drawing border & text field from the sheet

5. Save copy as "xxxxxx.dxf"

6. Options -> data scaling -> "Base view scale - Model Space" Be careful with this. Remember Stonehenge scene in the Spinal Tap!

7. Make sure the "Model Geometry Only" is NOT chosen. Drawing border & txt field were deleted from the sheet, so they are not included in the dxf either. Instead, this setting does include the sketches.

8. Ready -> save. Voilá.. Skethes are visible allso in the dxf file. Line colors etc. as determined in the drawing view.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report