Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Appearance editor, missing preview images and splintered texture.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Fean_Arnailes
902 Views, 1 Reply

Material Appearance editor, missing preview images and splintered texture.

I'm writing this question on behalf of my Father-in-law who can't speak english.He uses Autodesk Inventor 2013 and has the following problem:

Material appearance editor worked ok for him earlier, then he toyed with it and suddenly the preview images of shape and texture editor became blank. I'm not sure if the selected shape can be changed (no applying mark comes next to it in the drop down menu and as there is no preview, I can't tell).

Texture preview is blank, but changes it's size depending on settings. When mouse is held over the chosen image in appearance editor, it shows the preview image (as in the picture).

When we choose any image to be the materials texture, the image becomes splintered and multiplied, instead of being one, coherent, stretched image over the surface (you can see the effect from the part in the background).

My Father-in-Law said that preview pictures became blank and texture images became splintered during the same time.

Is the problem in autodesk inventor itself (some settings perhaps?), or could it originate from somewhere else. Any fix ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Autodesk 2013 problem.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mcgyvr
in reply to: Fean_Arnailes

try going to...

tools..application options..hardware tab

Is "compatibility" checked? if so it needs to be on "performance" or "quality" for the previews to work properly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report