Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local content center install location

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
donovandigital
360 Views, 2 Replies

Local content center install location

I would like to install Content Center for Inventor to a separate partition for housekeeping purposes (local, not vault). However, the installer (Product Design Suite) will not allow me to proceed when I input my desired target path into the white textbox beneath the individual library components checkboxes (after expanding the item under the product list). The grey installation path textbox is not editable.

Is this simply not doable at install time? If so, can I move the libraries manually later?

Many thanks in advance

Joe

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: donovandigital

can you post a screen shot?

it should allow you to edit the path for desktop content

i have mine set to D:\Inventor Content

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: DarrenP

I don't know why you can't change location during install, but yes, you can move the files after installing.

By default the files will go in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Content Center\Libraries

Move the whole Libraries folder to wherever you need it & then start Inventor. Go to Tools, Application Options, Content Center tab & change the path there.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report