Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor View 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
p_enneking
1448 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor View 2014

We have a number of remote users who must have access to our files via Inventor Viewer.  When reviewing the system requirements for Inventor Viewer 2014, I noticed that it lists only Windows 7 and Windows 8.  Was XP omitted by mistake, or will Inv Viewer truly not work on machines running XP? 

Thanks,

Paul

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mrattray
in reply to: p_enneking

I believe a couple of members of my sales team are using Inventor Viewer on XP. My guess would be that it will work, but it's not "officially supported".
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 7
p_enneking
in reply to: mrattray

Thanks Mike!  Your reposnse has given me some optimism.......

I have decided to download it and attempt to run it on an old laptop I have buried under my desk. 

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 7
jdits7

What was the outcome for this topic. We are going to be in the same process of upgrading our shop with Inventor View.

jdits7
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
Blog - http://www.inventortopix.com
Twitter - @InventorTopixJD
Message 5 of 7
p_enneking
in reply to: jdits7

I was able to install InvView 2014 on the old XP 32-bit laptop with no issues.  Performance seemed alright when opening a few idw's ans ipt's.  I'm now looking for a time when I can travel to our other locations and upgrade all the other users......

Thanks,

Paul

Message 6 of 7
nsnw318

Paul,

How were you able to get a good install on XP ? I'm having issues with after the install, that viewer 2014 will not recognize the file associations. The .idw .ipt file icons are gone and are set to generic file icons.

Message 7 of 7
-niels-
in reply to: nsnw318

I remember having had problems with the file association in the past, there are topic to be found for it but i'm not sure if they still apply.

In any case, if you go to
"<Install directory>\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor View\Bin"
there should be an executable named "dtdv.exe".
What happens if you double-click (run) that exe and then start inventor view again?

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report