Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 "half section view" mode

29 REPLIES 29
Message 1 of 30
BrianSchultz3877
14192 Views, 29 Replies

Inventor 2013 "half section view" mode

I use the "view" tab to create a half section view of an assembly.  This works fine, but if I try to measure anything, move or select a component, or export image to a .jpg then it automatically returns back to "end section view" mode.   Without the ability to operate in a section view the it is impossible to constrain componets that are placed deep inside of other components. This make this view function useless except for just looking at it on the screen.  This worked in 2012 and will not in 2013.  How do I correct this?

29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
alvinm
in reply to: mrattray

Yes I did all that.. its "Continue" not Accept when making the Half section.. Non if it works.. Unless AutoDesk just made the program to reset to End Section every time.. that's not good if they did.. I rely on it everyday..
Certified Engineering Technologist
Message 22 of 30
mrattray
in reply to: alvinm

I know this sounds ridiculous, but you have to do it twice. If I recall correctly: it's continue the first time and then accept the second time.
Sections still work, besides the annoyance of having to "continue" before you can "accept".
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 23 of 30
alvinm

OMG thank you. That work.. YEEESSSSS! Nice.. you just saved me with alot of frustration.. Thank you thank you thank you.. haha..
Message 24 of 30
alvinm

BTW it is ridiculous that you have to do this Twice..
Message 25 of 30
p_enneking

Glad to hear that it's working for you now. 

Just so you're aware, this was once again "fixed" in Inventor 2014 - we are now back to clicking "ok" once to get your section view....

Message 26 of 30
mrattray

Your welcome, I glad you got it working, and... I know. It drives me nuts, too.
By the way, welcome to the forums.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 27 of 30
tommy-z

It's actually ridiculous to have to click "OK/Continue/Accept" even once.

When I click "Half-View" and then a plane (or planar face) (and then possibly enter a distance) why do I then have to confirm that I in fact want a Half-View?

If I didn't want the Half-View, I wouldn't have asked for it in the first place.

Message 28 of 30
alvinm
in reply to: tommy-z

Yeah man.. I agree.. but apparently it was updated on 2014.. Untill my company upgrades.. its double confirmation with me for now.. haha.. Thanks Mike I'm glad I'm here.. I'll I'm sure I'll be asking more questions @mrattray..

Message 29 of 30
tommy-z

They might have made the OK/Accept/Continue-madness executed by tapping the "Enter"-button, seeing as the "OK" button you have to click with the mouse is hidden

Message 30 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: tommy-z

Thank you Tommy-z. You have wrote exactly what everyone is saying about Inventor. Autodesk need a very strong lesson in intuitive process. My short experience with Inventor support has returned only crass remarks about how I need to spend months learning the program (and to give Autodesk more $$$ by doing so). I have spent over 10 years using various 3D CAD software. Inventor is by far the most frustrating.

Autodesk, you cannot expect an entire industry to stop their current work to spend months learning how to use your program. You should provide a program that will transition as seemlessly as possible into the market. You are kicking your customers in the teeth with your current software. I suggest you stop your current work and fix these problems immediately before they destroy your reputation.

If you think what I am suggesting is unreasonable, please provide your best reason as to why the 'Section View' tool has no message, window or semantic of any kind to let you know the inputs have not been completed..

One extra tip, there is no need to press ok to move to another window so you can press ok.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report