Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDW not showing correct color styles

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
kwilson_design
8149 Views, 26 Replies

IDW not showing correct color styles

I have not seen this issue happen in quite a while. I saw it on earlier releases pre-2013. But now after the Update2 build it seems my IDW's are not behaving properly.

Scenario:

1. Create model of a raw material (steel) stamped bracket. It receives its own part number

2. Create iam using the unpainted bracket and then assign a color (red) to represent a painted finish. This receives a 

new part number due to our MFG process.

3. Create iam model using other "painted" sub assembly models (step 2 for instance). New part number.

4. Create IDW but it shows the raw material (step 1) rather than the painted model. It should show the painted

assembly.

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27

Ok time for an update.

I have been working with Autodesk Support as well as the Inventor Development Team on this issue for quite a while and they believe they have a work around that will help anyone who experiences this issue.

To fix this issue:

1.    Open top level iam that is giving you shaded view issues on its IDW
2.    Right-click on any of the 'painted' or Appearance assigned component files -> Representation -> uncheck Associative -> OK.
3.    Repeat step 2 but check Associative (Default) -> OK.
4.    Save the assembly.

5.    Open IDW with shaded issue and right-click on view -> select Apply Design View (Default) -> OK.

After that, the Shaded Drawing View will be correct. See attached video for example. Thanks to ADSK Support and Development Team for their help in this matter.

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
Message 22 of 27

Hi Kenny,

This issue has been not reproducible on latest R2013 SP2 internal build. When SP2 is available, you could have a try.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 23 of 27

Hi River,

Thanks for the update! Glad to see it implemented for the next service pack. The workflow for correcting the issue still works so we're fine waiting until the release. Thanks for all your help!

Regards,
Kenny
Message 24 of 27

Ran into another issue that we can't seem to resolve. Basically the same thing is happening on a .IDW file that uses an .IPN presentation file for some of the drawing views. Since there is no representation to do the workaround on an .IPN how can we correct the issue? We are on Update 1 for SP1.1.

Thanks

Regards,
Kenny
Message 25 of 27
blair
in reply to: kwilson_design

Delete the drawing view in the IDW and re-create it again.

Don't ask, this has been like this in the IPN for quite some time.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 26 of 27
kwilson_design
in reply to: blair

Hey Blair,

Thanks for the reply. I tried that early on and no success. If only it were that easy of a 'fix' LOL.

What is strange is that I have a very similar IDW that uses some of the same components, including the component that is not rendering or shading correctly, yet that drawing has no issues and displays all graphics as they should be. So the same part, used in different assemblies and presentation files behaves differently in the two IDW's. 

Regards,
Kenny
Message 27 of 27

Hi Kenny,

Thank you so much to look into the issue! Could you attach the dataset about the issue on drawing issue using IPN? Or you could send me the dataset @ river-yijiang.cai@autodesk.com.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report