Inventor General

Employee
Message 11 of 12 (112 Views)

Re: I am a bug (corner seam)

12-03-2012 07:00 PM in reply to: jletcher

Hi James,

Many thanks for reporting this issue to us! And it is really strange that the flat pattern error happens using custom equation method when only the corner seam "I AM A BUG" is applied. Actually these four corner seams are created using the same settings and conditions. With more investigation, when the corner relief shape is changed to others like Round or arc weld in this corner seam, the error will not show. However it should be an issue here, and has been tracked in our system.

Based on the model you provided, this should be a symmetrical shape. Please see the model I attached, and hope it helpful for you.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
*Pro
jletcher
Message 12 of 12 (82 Views)

Re: I am a bug (corner seam)

12-04-2012 05:32 AM in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

Well that funny I still get the error I guess you did not check it good enough. If I change the corner seam to anything I still get error and this is not  symmetrical shape at all times and I never model in that fashon for this causes more bugs within Inventor. But lets get one bug fixed before I go into the others ok.

Now what.JPG

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

James Letcher
2012 Factory Design Suite ( will not load 2013)
What happen to my Inventor :-(

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube