Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a thermal analysis using Inventor?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
13893 Views, 3 Replies

How to make a thermal analysis using Inventor?

Hi,

I saw thermal properties in the list of Inventor's materials. However, I didn't find how to make a thermal analysis using Inventor MEF. Is it possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure what MEF is but none of the Inventor packages do thermal analysis. You need to use something like cf design (now called simulation cfd)

http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-simulation-family/features/simulation-cfd

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

MEF = Finite Element Methodology (in portuguese)

So, if I want a thermal-structural analysis, should I use Autodesk Mechanical Simulation or CFD?

Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

MEF = Finite Element Methodology (in portuguese)

So, if I want a thermal-structural analysis, should I use Autodesk Mechanical Simulation or CFD?

CFD..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report