Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Workstation 8760W ssd or standard disk?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
gunveg
1101 Views, 7 Replies

HP Workstation 8760W ssd or standard disk?

Can someone tell me what to buy, I don't want any lagging with big assembly files, even in presentation in realistic view.

My company goes HP so I`m stucked to that, some experiences or good advices?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: gunveg

Are your working on files locally or on a network drive?

Not that it really matters... SSD is the way to go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 8
gunveg
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanx, its only localy.

But what about the rest, this is standard:

Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM (2,00 GHz, 6 MB L3-cache)

8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 SDRAM

NVIDIA Quadro 3000M med 2 GB dedicated GDDR5

Should i upgrade ram to 12 or 16GB, is it nessecary?

Anyting else you would change?

Vegard

Message 4 of 8
Dennis_Jeffrey

How large are your assembly files? That's only a rough guide, because what also counts is the complexity of the part files (more faces, larger files).

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 5 of 8
gunveg
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

If this tells u anything

Example:

I often use a standard part wich is a block/brick in dimensions 156x156x230mm wich is sawed in 700 thin wafers (120my each)

Its not a big part file but its a lot of graffics to handle there.. And this part assembled with maby 500 to a 1000 other parts i get a problem..

Vegard

Message 6 of 8
Dennis_Jeffrey

Then each wafer has 6 sides(faces)? How are these constrained. Are the wafers a pattern?

Your graphics card (2GB) should be able to handle this and 500-1000 parts IF they are not all constrained at the top level of the assembly.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 7 of 8
gunveg
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

Its a pattern yes, but not all constrained at the top level of the assembly.

But ok, if you say its enough with 2gb card and the rest of the spec can handle a smooth complicated presentation I got the answer to it.

Do you now anything of the recommendation in the 2013 version? I got the 2012 with sub today. Do I need to upgrade even more when I get 2013?

Vegard

Message 8 of 8
mcgyvr

A 2g processor is way too slow imo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report