Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame thinks it is a Pipe Assembly?!

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
cbenner
142 Views, 1 Reply

Frame thinks it is a Pipe Assembly?!

I built a frame yesterday using Frame Generator.  Not the first frame I've done... more like the 50th.  For some unknown reason, Inventor does not recognize this as a Frame assembly anymore.  Every time I attempt to edit the frame or any of it's members... Inventor opens the Tube & Pipe module.  Smiley Frustrated

I've never seen this behavior before, or anything even close.  While building the Frame, FG operated normally.  Created a skeleton and Frame assembly file, opened CC and allowed me to pick and place my profiles, ... I could even choose one in place and select "Edit with Frame Generator".  But once I saved and closed the assembly, and came back to it later,.... all that was gone and IV now thinks it is Tube & Pipe.

I'd post the files, but I think I'm just going to rebuild it... I don't have to time to screw around.  Just wondering if anyone has seen this before?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cbenner
in reply to: cbenner

Answered my own question.... a change in template files.  Apparently,... in the absence of a file specifically named Standard.iam.... frame generator defaults to the next file it can fined with the word Standard in the file name.... which in this case was Standard.Tube and Pipe. iam. 

IMHO, if FG NEEDS Standard.iam to work.... maybe instead of just using a different template, Inventor should WARN you that your template file cannot be found!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report