Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flattened elipsoid

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
danijel.radenkovic
704 Views, 22 Replies

Flattened elipsoid

Hello everyone :).

Does anyone know how to make flattened elipsoid in AI? I know some options using some other software but not using AI.

flattened elipsoid.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Inventor 2018/Windows 10 x64
If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution. Kudos are also gladly accepted.
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

What are you talking about when you are talking about AI? Do you maybe have a picture to explain?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 23

Loft.

Attach your file from other software.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 23

AI means Autodesk Inventor.

I have attached picture, you will see how it looks. There is one "flattened elipsoide" which have three ellispes at his three ortogonal projections.

Thanks.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by using the Accept as Solution. Kudos are also gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 23

Did you try Loft?

Attach your attempt here.

A boundary patch is another technique.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 6 of 23

Hello JDMather. I am not abble to upload files which are not alowed.

Message 7 of 23

By the way,I tried using loft and using boundary patch but nothing.

Message 8 of 23

Zip the file.

Try a different browser if the one you are using will not allow you to upload.

Loft or Boundary Patch will work.  Loft is the more logical technique - Boundary Patch requires a trick.

EESignature

Message 9 of 23

Can you explain both of the ways. Here is a .zip.

Message 10 of 23

I know this is not perfect, but have a look at the attachment

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 11 of 23

Hello Jo-Ann. I saw attachment. Thanks, but this is not what I am looking for. I tried the method in the past but I rejected that solution because as using mirror operations there is lines appear, at the place of mirror plane. Same errors apperar using boundary patch option.

See my earlier attached file and you will see how it should look.

Best regards,

Danijel

Message 12 of 23

Before I take much time on this -

what is your manufacturing tolerance?

What is the part function?

EESignature

Message 13 of 23

Hello JD. I will be greatfull if it looks like my attached file. Function of part is not in important.

Thanks

Message 14 of 23

Function of part is always important.

Is this just an academic exercise in comparison of software modeling techniques?

EESignature

Message 15 of 23

Let's say it is exercise, not for comparison, just for test skills.

Message 16 of 23

Well if this is only for an exercise I would suggest that you begin with YouTube videos

Here is a few links you can have a look at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGrQpmfYVbc

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/How-to-make-a-flat-broad-dome-with-an-ellipse-base/td...

Like they say, Practice makes perfect

Jo - Ann
Message 17 of 23

Dear Jo-Ann,

I am working almost ten years in CAD softwares, and I have long road of practice behind me. I am trying to convince myself that this solid part can be also created by Autodesk Inventor, like in some other CAD softwares. I like Autodesk Inventor and I started to learn it from 2008 release. 

Thanks for the help but your last links does't help me to resolve this problem. I now that problem can be resolved using loft operation,but I am doing something wrong in steps and at the end that's not what I expected.

I hope someone will resolve this.

Best regards,

Danijel

Message 18 of 23

Sorry for grammatical errors.

Message 19 of 23

Don't get distracted by patch boundaries - check Zebra analysis.

EESignature

Message 20 of 23

Finally, that't what I needed. 🙂

Thanks Mr JD. I checked zebra analysis and it's nice.

PERFECT!

Best regards,

Danijel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report