Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEA and Positional Representations

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JavaLodge
503 Views, 4 Replies

FEA and Positional Representations

Hello everyone.  Is there a way to do FEA on an assembly with more than one positional representation?  I have a guardrail that is supported by uprights in two possible configurations.  Will I have to create a separate assembly for each representation?  Thanks in advance.

I am running Windows 7 Professional and Inventor 2014 Professional.

blair
in reply to: JavaLodge

You can have multi positions and multi FEA's. You will have to create the new FEA data for each new load case. No way that I know to copy loads and boundry conditition from one load case to another. Just activate your positional rep and switch to FEA and  create a new load case. You can't run multi load cases at the same time

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
JavaLodge
in reply to: blair

Thanks blair, I got it!
in reply to: JavaLodge

You can right-click on the simulation node in the FEA browser and select "Copy SImulation" to get a copy of the initial simulation.  Then edit the simulation properties on the copy and go to the model state tab.  There you should find dropdowns for LOD, View Rep and Position Rep.  Set those as required for the new position rep. 

If you highlight several simulation nodes in the FEA browser and click the "Simulate" button, IV will run all the selected simulations, one after the other.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 5 of 5
blair
in reply to: swalton

Guess, I need to spend less time using Sim-Mech and more time with Inventors FEA. Thanks for the tip on copy.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report