Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable / Disable Text field in title block

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
paul.huppertz
1143 Views, 5 Replies

Enable / Disable Text field in title block

Hello all,

Is it possible to make an checkbox to enable / disable the visibility of an iProperties parameter.

For example:

In our title block the "Mass" property is included. The mass of the object on the drawing is always visible.

Is it possible to make an "check box" (for example in the field text editor) where I can enable / disable the visibility of the mass?

How to do this? iLogic code?

Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: paul.huppertz

This would have to be done through iLogic, because there is not a setting otherwise.  I know if there is no value to populate the field, by default the value comes up blank.  In the case of the mass, obviously there is always a value.

Just curious, what does your application look like for the case where you do not want to see the mass in the title block?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6

Hi paul.huppertz,

I do something similar, but I do it by creating 2 versions of the same titleblock.

To set this up basically just edit your titleblock and remove the mass field text. Then save that titleblock as a new name. Then to use the new version, you just delete the old one on the sheet and insert the new one from the Drawing Resources folder in the browser.

I'm not sure if that would work for you, but it might be something to try.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 6

Hello Curtis,

thank you. That is an altertative to do it.

Thank you for your help! 🙂

Message 5 of 6
P.Huppertz
in reply to: Cadmanto

Sometimes I have a really basic "concept" drawing just to show something quickly .

When I would like to show this to someone (f.e. non-technical people) they always have comments

to the mass that is not correct (most of the times way to much) or the material is not correct (steel by default).

This will distract people from the drawing.

Message 6 of 6
mrattray
in reply to: P.Huppertz

Sounds like the alternate title block method is for you. It can be done with iLogic, but it will be more work to set up.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report