Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Disappeared, need help to recover.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
samueldhyams
598 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing Disappeared, need help to recover.

Hi there,

I'm a Graphics teacher and my students have been drawing object for their end of year projects on Inventor 11, one of the boys was drawing and then his work disappeared. It's all still in the side panel so its still there, but the Zoom All tool does nothing and all of the objects visibilty is on as well. Its stumped all of the teachers here and its probably really simple as well, any suggestions?

I've attached the drawing if that helps?

Thanks

Sam

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: samueldhyams

First, this is a model not a drawing...

It appears that there is something radically wrong with sketch 16 at the bottom of the model tree.  Deleting this sketch brought the model back into visibility.  There is a parameter, d92 associated with that sketch which has a very strange value, see attached.

par.JPG

Not sure what the intent was since I can't get the sketch to show up.  however, deleting this sketch seems to repair the model.

Message 3 of 5
sarah.chan
in reply to: samueldhyams

I'm having a similar issue and am wondering if someone can hekp me out.  I used the orbit command and the entire assembly disappeared.  However, when I double clicked on a sub-assembly in the browser, the sub-assembly would appear but when I double clicked the entire assembly in the browser, the entire assembly disappears again.  I checked the model paramters and everything looks OK. Very fustrating.

Message 4 of 5
blair
in reply to: sarah.chan

System specs, sounds more like a hardware issue. Does selecting the home icon bring it back?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
sarah.chan
in reply to: blair

Not in this case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report