Inventor General

Contributor
Message 11 of 12 (46 Views)

Re: Documenting frame sketches

09-18-2013 03:56 PM in reply to: jeanchile

The centerline bisector is the trick I needed thank you.  I dont have an intersection option when I right click on a line though. My right click menu is shown here. I am using 2012.right click.png

Valued Mentor
jeanchile
Message 12 of 12 (39 Views)

Re: Documenting frame sketches

09-18-2013 06:38 PM in reply to: skyeg3

skyeg3 wrote:

I dont have an intersection option when I right click on a line though.....

That's because you need to be "in" the dimension command. Start the general dimension tool, select a line, then right click. You should see this:

Intersection1.JPG

After you select "Intersection" when you move over to the other line you should see this:

Intersection2.png

Then you have to go through the selection process again for the intersection at the other end if there is one.

Good Luck.

Inventor Professional 2013 (SP-2.3), Product Design Suite Ultimate
Desktop: Intel Core i7 3.4GHz, 16.0 GB RAM, Windows 7 Ultimate SP-1, 64-bit OS, (2) GeForce GTX 580 (331.81), Space Pilot Pro (3.16.1)
Laptop: Intel Core i7 3.9GHz, 16.0 GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro SP-1, 64-bit OS, GeForce GTX 780 (331.81), SpaceNavigator (3.17.7)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube