Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cylindrical Cam Component Generator, infinite acceleration problem

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
kperic777
858 Views, 0 Replies

Cylindrical Cam Component Generator, infinite acceleration problem

Using inventor 2011:

Hello,

When using a linear cam segment, which has a NON-ZERO slope (SO NOT A DWELL), the cam segments around the linear segment are not calculated to have final/initial slopes (respectively) solved for continuous velocity (positional tangency).  

some information:

- The only acceptable type of curved lift segments i use in my applications are 5th order or cylcloidal (or any other curve that provides for continous acceleration)

- none of the curve types in inventor cylindrical cam generator solve intial/final slopes to match a linear slope segmeent that is next to them

I have attached a screenshot of an example, with error message indicating profile undercut (do to dis-continous slope)linearSlopeUndercut.jpg.

Note:  I have written my own computer program to generate the cam profile for manufacturing, but it would be great for inventor to do this, and i don't see why i'm having trouble with it.

Please let me know i'm missing something.

Also, we have Simulation 2011, but from what i've seen, it only solves tangecy when using spline segment, which is not as good of a profile as 5th order or cycloidal.  I think it ought be able to solve tangency with any curve-type.

Understand this is not by any means a rant, I'm just seaking some help or knowledge on inventor.

Thank You

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report