Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combination: Ilogic and ipart possible or not?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Passi
171 Views, 0 Replies

Combination: Ilogic and ipart possible or not?

Hi there,

we're planning to create a libray for inventor with iparts.

We're having parts that are highly customizable. So the Customer could say I want to have another size of an opening etc. But all this customization is only possible in limitations of technical possibilities.

For this example think of a part, that has 3 parameters. 2 angles and one size parameter which controls all other parameters and dimensions.

The 2 angles has the range 10 and 210 possible values. So we have 2100 possible variants of the part. And then it gives 11 size values. So we have 23100 variants of this specific part.

All this possible variants, I can control with ilogic. I choose the 2 angles I want to have and also choose the size and the result is a specific part.

So, it's possible for me to go trough the whole amount of possible variants and create each of them. But that's not really effective. My idea was, to create it with ipart together with ilogic. The user should have the ability to choose the specific version of his part by inserting it into the assembly, by choosing the two angles and the size value.

Is it possible or not, and if yes, how? 

Best Regards

Passi 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report