Inventor General

laysmachinist
Message 1 of 4 (536 Views)
Accepted Solution

Centerline Bisector in Sketch Mode

536 Views, 3 Replies
12-28-2012 10:17 AM

Is it possible to use the ""Centerline Bisector" command in the sketch enviroment. I want to add a centerline of a hole on a sketch on my part, but I only want to select two lines and have the centerline generated.

Matt

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 4 (519 Views)

Re: Centerline Bisector in Sketch Mode

12-28-2012 11:55 AM in reply to: laysmachinist

Can you post a screen shot of what you're trying to do?  I'm confused... usually in a sketch, holes appear as circles?  Or are you referring to an existing hole from a side view?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

laysmachinist
Message 3 of 4 (509 Views)

12-28-2012 01:06 PM in reply to: cbenner

When creating the drawing I can find Centerline Bisector command under the Annotation menu, but I do not know how to do this under the Sketch menu when modeling.

*Expert Elite*
Message 4 of 4 (474 Views)

12-29-2012 10:56 AM in reply to: laysmachinist

There is no centreline bisector in model sketch so you won't be able to automatically produce and constrain centreline with 2 clicks.
Here is a possible method to get a solution.
You would need to draw a normal line and set the format to centreline.
To constrain the centreline you can use a construction line constrained to the mid points of the virtual hole side edges.
This may not be required if you project the hole end edge and constrain to the mid point(possible problems with projection of round edge from revolved solid).
You may need to dimension the centreline length relative to the hole depth to give end overshoot.
See image.
Hope this helps.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube