Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot select hole edges when creating hole table

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
michael
1581 Views, 8 Replies

Cannot select hole edges when creating hole table

I have had this problem intermittently for a few weeks since going to Inventor 2013 SP1.1.  I have a part within an assembly and that part has holes created in it before assembling it with other parts.  Now when I try and create a hole table in a drawing of the assembly I cannot select hole edges and the hole table is blank when trying to create it automatically from view selection.  I originally thought it may be an alignment issue but I have since aligned everything correctly and it still persists.  I can create the hole table if I import in just the part into the drawing but it will not allow me to create the table on the whole assembly. 

I can also create the hole table if I use "centred pattern" and create cross hairs on all of the holes however it does not give me correct annotations for the holes as shown in attachment and I can manually change the annotations but seriously this should not be required.  As shown in the screen shot it reads as A1 down to K1 instead of A1 to A10.  Very frustrating problem.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

Can you please send us the relevant model and the drawing file to troubleshoot further.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 9
mpatchus
in reply to: michael

Make sure the "holes" were created with the hole tool and not simply extruded circles.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 4 of 9
michael
in reply to: mpatchus

@mpatchus wrote:

Make sure the "holes" were created with the hole tool and not simply extruded circles.

Yes they are holes thanks Mike. 

Good call though; as this is something I had initially overlooked when having previous issues.

Message 5 of 9

Sorry Michael for the delay. I couldn't able to open up the file as there are unresolved references. Can you able to do a packngo of the dataset and send it to me. I will create a secure FTP to upload the files for investigation.

Looking forward to your reply.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 6 of 9

Thank you for submitting your question in our discussion forums.

The issue that you describe has been reported by other customers to Autodesk and is being researched by our development team.

I will keep you posted on the updates soon.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 7 of 9
ccomp

Has a solution been found for this problem? I am having the same problem. I can bring a part in and generate a hole table no problem but when I try to do so with an assembly the hole table will not let me select any of the holes. This is potentially a serious problem that could cause us alot of headache if it is not resolved, so any help would be appreciated.

Message 8 of 9
michael

I have not heard any response on this issue being resolved yet sorry.

Message 9 of 9
john.grimshaw

Has anyone had any reply to this issue, its mind boggling that something as simple as this doesn't work. The weird thing is, if I remove the fold feature the hole table works properly.
Please use "Accept as Solution" to mark ANY/ALL replies that answer your question.

If I have helped out in anyway but not solved the problem please click the thumbs up.

Cheers

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report