Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balloon Indicator, All Occurrences

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JavaLodge
621 Views, 4 Replies

Balloon Indicator, All Occurrences

Hi everyone.

I just learned today that if you double click your parts list while in a drawing there is a column that shows which parts have been ballooned and which have not.  A very useful feature that I wish I knew about before!  The only problem is, if all but one occurrence of a certain part is ballooned, the symbol still shows up, which could be misleading.  Is there anywhere that tells me when all occurrences of a certain part have been ballooned?  Thanks.

dan_inv09
in reply to: JavaLodge

Oh man, I wish.

(I would also like to be able to see that WHILE ballooning.)

If it's not something I've missed: click on "Ideas" up near the top of the page here, see if anyone has suggested something similar (give them kudos and/or add a comment), if not start a new idea.

Write it up nice - just the basic need, I'd maybe comment on your own idea for pie in the sky stuff like highlighting unballooned instances and what it should do if one instance is ballooned more than once, etc.. Let's just gauge interest in a count of balloons for each item to start.

Message 3 of 5
JavaLodge
in reply to: dan_inv09

I guess one could say that Auto Balloon will cover you, so that you can be sure not to miss anything.  It's just that I've never liked the results that Auto Balloon gives me; it seems to have a more confusing result than if I had just done it myself.  

Interestingly enough, if you do most of the ballooning manually but leave a few parts undone, if you go to Auto Balloon and choose components then the only the ones that are selectable are ones that haven't been ballooned yet.  But there's a caveat.  If even one instance of a certain part was manually ballooned, then all of the rest become unselectable by Auto Balloon.  

I hadn't thought to look in the Ideas area, but I just might.

in reply to: JavaLodge

Does Auto-Balloon do all instances? I thought it only did one. (Maybe I hadn't tried since before they changed it.)

Message 5 of 5
JavaLodge
in reply to: dan_inv09

Yes, it will if you uncheck "Ignore Multiple Instances." I tried it just now with a small assembly. When I Auto Balloon with no balloons at all, then AB will correctly balloon every part like I want it to, although a bit sloppily. However, if I use AB with some parts manually ballooned, hoping that AB will 'fill in the gaps.' it will miss instances that already have another instance ballooned. It seems a little silly to me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report