Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Update on Shrinkwrap parts

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tuliobarata
744 Views, 1 Reply

Automatic Update on Shrinkwrap parts

Hi all,

One doubt mine that I don't know why but I posted on 2014 Wish list, so, here it is again :).

About Substitute Shrinkwrap parts, it doesnt automatic update when I use UPDATE or even REBUILD ALL inside the LOD with it, even if I dont break the link with the assembly it doesnt update, so I have to go in each assembly with Substitute parts ( with are many in huge projects) and then verify with "Check for updates" in the correct LOD (which in some cases are more than one per assembly). Is there a way to update them direct from the main assembly with rebuild all or something like that ?

Thanks again

Túlio Barata

IV 2013
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tuliobarata
in reply to: tuliobarata

Anyone got any idea about it ?

Right now I'm updating more then 80 parts as Shrink, thats a little trouble.

The way I've found, the easier, is user the WINDOWS Search in the  projects folder looking for all files with a sulfix of _SUB-TYPE (2 types each Assy) and then open one by one and use check for updates.

If had any tool to make that easier, or a simple UPDATE in the master assembly to update all sub assemblies suistitutes..

Thanks

Túlio Barata

IV 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report