Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor 2015 What's New

66 REPLIES 66
SOLVED
Message 1 of 67
sholmes
24147 Views, 66 Replies

Autodesk Inventor 2015 What's New

I know that the last few releases of the new version of Inventor have been towards the end of March timeframe - does anybody remember how much before that they release the What's New documentation? Also, is there any info on when the beta tester NDA is lifted - they're allowed to talk about it?

Just curious and excited to see what they've got in store for 2015. It'd be nice to see what our investment is bringing us!

66 REPLIES 66
Message 41 of 67
blair
in reply to: cieslak.maciek

It was much easier to learn Showcase, 3dMax looks like a "Bit%^#&@" to learn. Guess AU 2014 will be loaded with 3dMax classes.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 42 of 67
LT.Rusty
in reply to: blair

@Blair wrote:
3dMax looks like a "Bit%^#&@" to learn. Guess AU 2014 will be loaded with 3dMax classes.

Either that or they're trying to drive Wiley's stock prices up ...

Rusty

EESignature

Message 43 of 67
jannaspicer
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Hey guys, if Showcase is important to your workflow and you're currently on Product Design Suite subscription, please contact your sales representative for special pricing.  You can also see the video at this link to learn more: http://www.autodesk.com/suites/product-design-suite/included-software

Click "Watch this video (5:53)".

Thanks!

Janna

Message 44 of 67
jannaspicer
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Hey guys, if Showcase is important to your workflow and you're currently on Product Design Suite subscription, please contact your sales representative for special pricing.  You can also see the video at this link to learn more: http://www.autodesk.com/suites/product-design-suite/included-software

Click "Watch this video (5:53)".

Thanks!

Janna

Message 45 of 67
mdavis22569
in reply to: jannaspicer

...really a post saying to contact our Sales Rep for a special price. If it's not free, it's not worth it. It was part of something and then taken away. Do we get a price decrease for the removal of part of a suite that I paid full price for and maintain a subscription on for 7 years now? SMH!

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 46 of 67
scottmoyse

Janna,

Do you know if any of the Resellers have that information yet? I don't believe they do, not in writing at least....

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 47 of 67
scottmoyse
in reply to: mdavis22569

@michaeldavis7418 wrote:
...really a post saying to contact our Sales Rep for a special price. If it's not free, it's not worth it. It was part of something and then taken away. Do we get a price decrease for the removal of part of a suite that I paid full price for and maintain a subscription on for 7 years now? SMH!

To be fair & entirely honest, these products weren't in the suite you paid full price for 7 years ago.

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 48 of 67
scottmoyse

@Blair wrote:
It was much easier to learn Showcase, 3dMax looks like a "Bit%^#&@" to learn. Guess AU 2014 will be loaded with 3dMax classes.

Blair, we have a very straight forward quick start guide here. http://designandmotion.net/autodesk/max-morgan-a-minimalist-guide-to-rendering-in-3ds-max/ 

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 49 of 67
richiesuk
in reply to: scottmoyse

any speed improvements, more multithreading, etc?

I cannot see mentioning it in the docs anywhere...

Message 50 of 67
blair

Thanks, with the move to unify the Appearances in ADSK products. People saw fit to install the Architectural Materials Appearance Library to be used in Inventor back in 2013. This pretty much made using Showcase the render software of choice if you wanted automotive metallic type finishes in quick renders. Brick and tile may look nice on the side of a building or bathroom floor. It looks really out of place on a piece of machinery.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 51 of 67
schuete
in reply to: mdavis22569

Hi Michael, not sure if you've seen Janna's post from Friday:

jannaspicer wrote:

Hey guys, going back to the Showcase question for this thread, I want to let you know we have been listening to you.   

I’m happy to report that Autodesk is planning to offer our Product Design Suite subscription customers access (at no additional charge) to download and use Showcase 2015.   

We don't have all the details yet, but we wanted to let you know right away. 

Please keep your feedback coming.  Your voice matters. 

Thanks,

Janna

Message 52 of 67
mrattray
in reply to: sholmes

I just wanted to toss out there that after reading the what's new for 2015, I'm really excited! I haven't been this excited for a new release of any software in a long time. It's good to see AutoDesk finally making improvements in areas where it really counts. Thanks for listening, guys!
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 53 of 67
richiesuk

any official reply? Smiley Frustrated

Message 54 of 67
Jonka45

If you are not happy about the removal of software from the product design suite, voice your concerns with you re seller and on this thread

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Product-Design-Suite-2015/td-p/4914386

I know a lot of the regulars have contributed and it appears Autodesk are listening. Showcase may well be back and Alias for ultimate only.

Cheers

Inventor 2022 Proffesional
Alienware Aurora R8
Windows 10 pro
Inside Leg 35 inch
Message 55 of 67
jannaspicer

Hi guys,
You've heard correctly. We've been listening to the feedback, and we are working on plans to give current Product Design Suite subscription customers access to Showcase, and current Ultimate subscribers access to Alias. Once I have more details on how you'll be able to access these products, I'll let you know.

Thanks for continuing to give us feedback - what you like or don't like - and keep it coming.

Thanks,
Janna
Message 56 of 67
mcgyvr

@jannaspicer wrote:
Hi guys,
You've heard correctly. We've been listening to the feedback, and we are working on plans to give current Product Design Suite subscription customers access to Showcase, and current Ultimate subscribers access to Alias. Once I have more details on how you'll be able to access these products, I'll let you know.

Thanks for continuing to give us feedback - what you like or don't like - and keep it coming.

Thanks,
Janna

Hopefully that means Showcase AND Alias for Ultimate subscribers.. I don't use Alias but do want Showcase.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 57 of 67
mrattray

@jannaspicer wrote:
... we are working on plans to give ... current Ultimate subscribers access to Alias.

Hi Janna,

Just to clarify, does this apply to customers who are on subscription to Ultimate as of version 2014 only, or does this also include Premium subscribers who are going to become Ultimate subscribers in version 2015 due to the restructuring of the suites?

Thanks

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 58 of 67
schuete
in reply to: mrattray

It will be made accessible to everybody who is a PrDS Ultimate 2015 customer. That would include Premium 2014 customers who upgraded to PrDS Ultimate 2015. We will keep you posted on the exact technical details! 😉

Message 59 of 67
mrattray
in reply to: schuete

@schuete Not to sound rude, but are you an AutoDesk employee? You don't have the A next to your name and I haven't seen you post here before, but your post implies that you are. Could you clarify, please?

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 60 of 67
Ray_Feiler

I don't know if this has been posted yet.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-6A22AD6D-7794-4969-8F0C-31CE55F1C5A8

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report