Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD blocks in Inventor DWG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
guyh
323 Views, 5 Replies

ACAD blocks in Inventor DWG

I am using to ACAD blocks in my Inventor 2011 DWG.  They are imported fine but they have the colours from ACAD.  I want them to simply be black.  I have tried using the properties but this has no effect.

Any ideas please other than editing the original in ACAD.

Cheers

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
IgorMir
in reply to: guyh

That's odd request - ...other than editing the original in ACAD. Put AutoCAD block on layer 0. Make sure all block's entities are "By Layer" And then import the block to Inventor. You will have to properly constrain the block's elements in Inventor anyway.

Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 3 of 6
guyh

Our company use symbols in their documentation and these are currently used in ACAD.  I wanted to store them in the Inventor DWG tempate to use in documentation hence the request.

Thanks,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 4 of 6
IgorMir

I understand that. But not the original request of yours (which I have quoted in italic). Best of luck with your quest.

Regards,

Igor.

Message 5 of 6
guyh
in reply to: IgorMir

Ah Ok.  I wanted to just use the properties option in Inventor to change the colour of the block to black for example.  I do this but the block does not change colour.

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 6 of 6
IgorMir

That is because the block in AutoCAD was not (most likely) on a layer 0.

Igor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report