Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Part ipt with parameters with different parameter values?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
oransen
169 Views, 3 Replies

A Part ipt with parameters with different parameter values?

If I insert a part into two different assemblies can it have different parameter values?

I've tried this as an experiement and it would seem that it cannot.

Do I have to save my .ipt as a special sort of part if I want to have the same file with different parameters in different assemblies?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
oransen
in reply to: oransen

Or can I only do this if I make it an ipart? i.e. only if I have a row in the excel file which corresponds to the parameters I require and thus I'll need a row for every instance?

Message 3 of 4
CCarreiras

Hi!!

Yes, you cannot...

Every time you use the same part in different assemblys, when you change that part (parameters, features... evreything) it will be updated on every file it is associated; assemblys, drawings...

So, as you said, the best thing to do is save your part "as a copy" for all the different sittuations (in the end, its true, the parts are different, why have the same part number?).

Using one ipart is also a nice aproach, and you may have custom values, that you can input when you are placing the parts in the assemblys. Try That also.

Regards.

solution.pngDid you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 4 of 4
oransen

Yes, I suppose iParts is the proper and correct solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report