Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 "Inventor Home" templates

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
mcgyvr
3056 Views, 11 Replies

2015 "Inventor Home" templates

How do I configure the new "Inventor Home" to show the templates associated with my project file and not the default ones that ship with Inventor?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
mdavis22569
in reply to: mcgyvr

I just set my up ..I adjusted my Options ... File ..and pathed it to the location of our templates. restarted Inventor and clicked More-Templates right under the home templates options

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
mdavis22569
in reply to: mdavis22569

However it looks like it doesn't like the folder set up of the past .... http://a360.co/1jdyjKo and now 15 http://a360.co/1nfPJgi

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 12

mcgyvr,

Nothing has really changed for 2015 around defining template locations. MyHome will use what is referenced under the Templates section, of your current project. If that is set to Default then it will use the path as defined in Tools, App Options, File tab.

Note that MyHome does not currently support displaying sub-folders under the top level Templates folder, but File, New will still leverage those.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 12
mcgyvr
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

@ChrisMitchell01 wrote:

mcgyvr,

Note that MyHome does not currently support displaying sub-folders under the top level Templates folder, but File, New will still leverage those.

-Chris

I shouldn't have even posted.. I knew what the answer was going to be.. 

Thats the problem.. "new" works just fine (as it has in the past) as I have all my templates in nice organized folders.. My home is just another half finished Autodesk function.. 

A "smart" move would have been to either make it work just like new does or that button for "configure default templates" should have been a file picker to pick each template that you want assigned to those new fancy icons..

Half ****.. would have been a nice/simple ease of access feature for "everyone" but oh well.. off to turn that junk "HOME" off.. Its absolutely 100% useless to me. </2015 rant#1>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 6 of 12
mdavis22569

Not happy that my sub-folders aren't going to be working now .... It was nice that we set up different folders for different material or types of jobs.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 7 of 12

The sub-folders will still work for creating new files, but unfortunately not from the MyHome page.

Fully agreed/achnowledged though - more work is planned around this for next release. All this came up during Beta testing activities, but there wasn't time/resourcing to cover everything for this specific project.

The New icons simply correspond to the files named "Standard.xxx". The drawing icon relates to either Standard.idw or Standard.dwg, as defined by your app option, Drawing tab setting for idw or dwg.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 12

I don't like that I have to "scroll" down thru 20 plus templates for Parts, 5 for assemblies ...that were made to make my designers job easier.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
mcgyvr

@ChrisMitchell01 wrote:

The sub-folders will still work for creating new files, but unfortunately not from the MyHome page.

Fully agreed/achnowledged though - more work is planned around this for next release. All this came up during Beta testing activities, but there wasn't time/resourcing to cover everything for this specific project.

The New icons simply correspond to the files named "Standard.xxx". The drawing icon relates to either Standard.idw or Standard.dwg, as defined by your app option, Drawing tab setting for idw or dwg.

-Chris

Well.. next time.. Shoot me an email.. I'll let you how it should be done Smiley Tongue 

I think we are all sick of the Autodesk "rush" jobs and would rather you just hold off till next year. 

I'd like to see a 1 time start-up splash screen too for  "welcome to Inventor 2015... please make sure your project file is set below so we can proceed to automatically migrate all necessary files in the selected project file. Note this will include all templates and your style library as well as material and appearance libraries as referenced by your project file. Click next to begin." 

Then it would give you a "migration complete" and you would be presented with the Home screen and all those part/assembly icons would be setup properly..

Man that sure would be nice. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 12
ChrisMitchell01

We'll be previewing some new work for this in the next few weeks, as part of the Inventor Beta/Feedback project, (which you're already a member of); I'm sure you'll let us know what you think there Smiley Happy

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Hi i need help to figurate out the My Home in INventor 2015, it shows the last open model, assemblies ... but it seams that the list keeps growing and there is to stopping. how much files are keep on this list and if there is an option to clear up the list?

Message 12 of 12
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: Anonymous

I believe the list will grow until it reaches 500 items before it starts overwriting the entries. In 2015 the only way to remove items from MyHome is to edit the registry & delete entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion19.0\Recent File List

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report