Announcements
Autodesk has retired Inventor Fusion. We recommend our customers to visit the Fusion 360 community for related inquiries.
Inventor Fusion (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save dwg as 'Wireframe with Visible Edges Only'

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ttfisker
1168 Views, 2 Replies

Save dwg as 'Wireframe with Visible Edges Only'

In Inventor Fusion under View -> Visual Styles, you can change the view to 'Wireframe with Visible Edges Only'.

How do I save the object in this view mode as dwg?

If I just save it as *.dwg it will be meshed once opened in Autocad LT and apart from Autocad there is no 'Visual styles' in Autocad LT.

See enclosed example

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Phil.E
in reply to: ttfisker

Hi,

The visual style is set by the program. The model is always the model, and the visual setting is how the software displays the model for you. If you only see mesh in AutoCAD LT it is due to limitations in AutoCAD LT, not because of the way Fusion is saving the model file.

Looking at the comparrison page between AutoCAD LT and regular AutoCAD it shows that LT does not support 3D.

http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-autocad-lt/compare/compare-products

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
ttfisker
in reply to: Phil.E

I know of the FLATSHOT command in Autocad and also the visual styles supported by the 3D 'module' in Autocad.
Also, like you say, the Inventor Fusion View is a certain rendering of the model object but I hoped there would be some sort of workaround.
How about other software then? Do you know if it's possible to do 'FLATSHOT'-like (mesh removing) functions in other (preferably free) software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report