Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnPreSelectMouseMove captured but OnPreSelect, OnSelect is not

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ksmith13
266 Views, 4 Replies

OnPreSelectMouseMove captured but OnPreSelect, OnSelect is not

Using Inventor 7, VC++ 6 and the Inventor event objects created via the ATL Object Wizard I created a project to capture selection events. Of the 5 events that should be captured only two are actually routed to my code: OnPreSelectMouseMove and OnStopPreSelect. The other events, in particular OnPreSelect and OnSelect, are not being captured and I have been unable to locate the problem. I've looked over the sample code and it appears that I am doing things correctly. Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ksmith13
in reply to: ksmith13

I see the same problem with the Inventor 7's SDK VC++ Sample "EventAddIn". Has anyone been able to get the EventAddIn to work? (my OS is W2K)
Message 3 of 5
chaiy

Hi, ksmith13
I am sorry,I can not solved your probelm.But I watn to ask you something.My project have to also use all these Events.How could I get or insert them in my project? In the menu,in VC++, " Insert -> New ATL Object -> ??" Is it the right way?
I use also VC++ 6.0 but Autodesk Inventor 5.3. Thanks for your help 🙂
Message 4 of 5
ksmith13

Chairy:
if the Inventor SDK was installed OK you should have an Inventor Wizard tool bar in Visual C++. From there (actual, also from the the menu as you describe) select "NEW ATL Object". You should see, at the bottom, a new ATL Object category "inventor". Selecting this category will display a single "Inventor Events Object". Select this object and a three tab configuration notebook will pop-up. "names", "Inventor Events", and "attributes".
As I understand it, you will need to create two separate ATL Inventor event classes, one for "InteractionEventsSink" and one for "SelectEventsSink".
Now the fun starts, how do you use them? The examples given are coded differently, not using the ATL wizard, but the "EventsAddIn" sample under the Inventor 7 -SDK - VC++ directory should give you an idea on how to link up all of the ATL objects. The documentation S*@KS and isn't much help and AutoDesk wants $$$ to even talk about (a possible) bug with I 7!

Good Luck (as I couldn't get it to work!)
Message 5 of 5
bfrezouls

I have the code wizard installed and accessible through VC6 by a toolbar containing 5 buttons but when I click on "New ATL Object" I haven't tne new category Inventor. What could be the reason ?
Is it because I have a different version of the code wizard ? Is it possible to download a different version ?

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report