Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Drawing => Barcode => Export PDF

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mario.lung
1328 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Drawing => Barcode => Export PDF

Hi,

i Search here many for barcodes and find many but always i find is not the rigth 😞

when a Barcode font as TTF as Example "FREE3OF9.TTF" and export it via API or Export PDF Function

the Barcode on TextBlock dosent see it in PDF or it dosent work!

is ther any Working Solution to create a PDF with the build in PDF Exporter of Inventor?

Info:

i create many PDF with the API function so i dosent can have a PDF printer to create a Document

thx for Info or Tips

Mario

Inventor 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
adam.nagy
in reply to: mario.lung

Hi Mario,

I guess this is what you too run into - that the gaps are too big in the exported PDF (and the lines are not long enough):

barcode_issue.png

I've just logged today some issue (id 1516273) concerning PDF export with a certain TrueType font. Not sure if the issue is the same here, but I made a comment about it in the change-request.

Unfortunately, either you need to find some way of creating the barcode with geometry, or create the PDF in some other way. Someone on the forum says that e.g. bullzip could be a solution. I've never used it so cannot comment on it: 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Adding-Barcode-to-a-drawing/td-p/2663065

Sorry for the inconvenience 😞

Cheers,

Adam Nagy
Autodesk Platform Services
Message 3 of 4
raith-mb
in reply to: mario.lung

Helle,
Why don't you Installation any of the PDF Printers available for Free?
Then just Print the IDW to the PDF Printer and specify the file name and Location.
I use for PDF creation a Marco, which Addis the System Time into the Titel Block as a Time stamp for Plot.
Also the Marco Checks the IDW Format and uses the right Format for the PDF. So an DIN-A1 IDW will Result in an DIN-A1 PDF

Roland
Message 4 of 4
mario.lung
in reply to: raith-mb

Hey,

i create all pdf with a automatic via vault jobprocessor 

and i dosent become messsage back wehn i create pdf with a pdf printer

when something works wrong!

with a pdf printer i can only look is a pdf create now on a place or not

i have found now this and i developing now a addin for inventor

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/6968/Draw-EAN-barcode-lines-and-save-image-file-with-AS

to insert some diffrent barcode then on a drawing

thx mario

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report