Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control 'break' size in drawing view using iLogic?

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
andrew.reynolds
5465 Views, 23 Replies

Control 'break' size in drawing view using iLogic?

Hi all,

Is there any way using iLogic or other method to automatically control the size of the 'break' in a drawing view? I have built a model which uses iLogic to control virtually everything, however the large variations in the length of the product mean that there are some interesting results when it comes to the broken drawing views updating.

Ideally, it would be nice to locate the break at the absolute center of the view and then size it as a percentage of the view size along one axis or perhaps according to some other length based rule.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

AndrewR

Dell Precision M6400 - C2D 2.66 / 8gb / Quadro FX3700M / Win 7 Pro x64
23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
MjDeck
in reply to: Manuelcamposcosta

Here's online help for the BreakOperation object. You can also find this documentation in Inventor. Look at the Help dropdown on the top of the window and select using the Help > Programming/API Help.

The length I'm talking about is the amount of the view that's removed by the break. Yes, you would adjust that by dragging the break lines, similar to a slider.

It sounds like you want to be able to preview the break, and maybe suppress and unsuppress it like a part feature. You could post a request for this in the Ideas forum.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 22 of 24
Manuelcamposcosta
in reply to: MjDeck

Oh! There it's! thanks didn't ever though it was there.

Ok I understand now, I was talking of a different thing (see the attached image), no, for me I don't need that control, but thanks anyway.

Ok so there isn't a solution yet, good to know, sometimes I trying and trying and I never know if I'm doing wrong or not, at least now I know 🙂

I will search if someone as already posted that idea.

Thanks for the help

Manuel Campos Costa
Message 23 of 24
Ktelang
in reply to: MjDeck

Hello Experts,

This thread is very helpful to get understanding on the Breakline via iLogic

But I need help to understand some behavior

Here is what I am trying :

Based on a sketch line entity in the Part sketch, I am trying to define startpoint, endpoint of the breakview location in drawing.

Issue which I am running into

I am not able to find a way to convert part level sketch point locations translating based on the drawings coordinate system.

I believe this is possible I am missing something here. Any help will be appreciated.

Please find the test files with ilogic rule attached in a compressed folder

Thank you

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Config :: Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E31245 @ 3.30 GHz, 16.0 GB, 64bit win7
Inventor 2013 and Vault Basic 2013
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 24 of 24
MjDeck
in reply to: Ktelang

@Ktelang , driving the break line from sketch parameters seems like a good idea.

Here's a version of your rule that (I think) does what you want.

The points for BreakOperations.Add have to be in sheet space. So the first thing is to add the X coordinate of the left edge of the view. That's on the line

Dim viewXPos = view.Center.X - view.Width / 2

You also have to account for the view scale. I combined that and converting from inch to cm into a scale factor:

Dim factorX =  view.Scale * 2.54 

I also converted the MsgBox calls to Logger.Info. That's a good way to see output from the rule without having to hit OK on each message. 
You can make the iLogic Log window visible with the command: View > Windows > User Interface dropdown > iLogic Log.

Mike Deck
Software Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report