Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clone Part using new template

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dano0310
327 Views, 2 Replies

Clone Part using new template

Has anyone figured out a way to create a copy of an open part by starting from a template part file and recreating all the features?

Is there a simple way to copy a sketch definition from one part to another using either VBA or VB.net?

Ok one more stupid question.  Is there a way to access the browser so the order of feature creation can be copied?  I am currently at home and cant access the VBA to see if it is possible.

Thanks in advance

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
xiaodong_liang
in reply to: dano0310

Hi,

I am curious why you did not make a copy of the original file since you want to have all features.

Feature has to be added one by one with corresponding type of feature collection.

As to sketch, you can use Sketch.CopyContentsTo

Browser is built with model construction. It just represent the model structure. There is no mechanism the model can be created with copying browser.

Message 3 of 3
dano0310
in reply to: dano0310

Hi sorry for late reply. Just trying to recreate a part using a template that already has ilpgic triggers in it. Using sketch copy will probably make doing this quicker than how I was trying to recreate every element of the sketch.
Thank you.
Dan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report