Community
Inventor Programming - iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice
Inventor iLogic, Macros, AddIns & Apprentice Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics related to programming, creating add-ins, macros, working with the API or creating iLogic tools.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D View Cube Customization?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
CelticDesignServices
858 Views, 5 Replies

3D View Cube Customization?

We all understand and know the view cube and how it relates in drawing mode...i.e. the "right" designation on the cube equals the Right view of the drawing, but what about in 3D space?

Consider you are modeling up a ship, or a plane or whatever, the "Front", "Top", "Bottom" and "Back" are all fine and dandy, but "Right" is Left and "Left" is Right when it comes to the sides of the part/assembly.

Is there a way we can customize this to suit our needs in this way? Consider the size of such items and how easily you can get disoriented when not zoomed out, having the view cube there to refer to can clarify that in a heartbeat.

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Is there any API on the view cube?
Message 3 of 6

Resurecting this from the dead, I am also interested in changing the naming convention of the view cube, I am looking for ship specific, port/stbd/stern/bow top and bottom can remain the same. Surely there is some clever programming guy/girl out there that can make this happen.

Front = Bow

Back = Stern

Left = Stbd

Right = Port

Smiley Indifferent

Message 4 of 6

There is currently not any support for renaming the sides of the view cube.  The SetCurrentAsFront, SetCurrentAsTop and SetCurrentAsHome methods of the View object is the extent of what functionality that's currently exposed for setting the view cube.

Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Mod the Machine blog
Message 5 of 6

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. I will muddle along as normal.....

Message 6 of 6
sdambrosia79YTM
in reply to: ekinsb

It has been 11 years since this request was last put to rest. 

I am in a situation in which I would like exactly what was requested here.

Any chance, things have changed?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report