Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to obtain valid license

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bloiland
2198 Views, 4 Replies

unable to obtain valid license

Our company has a 3 seat network license for AutoCAD 2011.  We are having difficulty sometimes getting more than one person able to get a license over the network.  The first person to open AutoCAD does so successfully.  The second person will be able to open the program once out of every four or five attempts, the rest of the time AutoCAD tells him that it can't obtain a valid license from the license server.  I've never had all three licenses being used at once.

I am running version 11.8.0.0 of the license manager on Windows Server 2003 R2 x86.  We also have multi seat network licenses for Map 3D, Civil and Navisworks.  Each of those other programs have no problem handing out all of it's licenses at once, just AutoCAD is having this issue.

Anyone have any ideas?  I'm stumped and don't know how to fix this.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: bloiland

Are all your licenses combined into one license file or are you running multiple services?  Also, what error number do you receive on your client that cannot obtain a license? 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
jweiss1313
in reply to: TravisNave

I'm unable to get a valid license on a workstation that had been working fine.  I get the error message : A Valid license could not be obtained from the license manager [Error -5.421.0].

We are running Inventor Professional 2010 with AutoCAD Mech 2010.  This machine has been working fine and today my user cannot get into Inventor or AutoCAD Mech 2010.  AutoCAD Mech at least opens and gives this message.  Inventor just fails to even open.

Any idea what happened to this machine (All user and admin accounts on this machine have the same problem.  Everyone else in the companty can get a license.

Thanks

John Weiss

CAD Administrator

Follett Corp

Dell Precision 490

Xeon Processor, Windows XP (x32) SP3

Nvidia Quadro FX 3450

4 GB RAM

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: jweiss1313

-5 Error generally means that the license type for that product doesn't exist.  You might double check that you have Inventor Professional licenses available on your license manager instead of Inventor Suite.  This could also be a problem with the CascadeInfo.cas file. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
jweiss1313
in reply to: TravisNave

The problem was a know AutoCAD/Inventor issue related to a corrupted CascadeInfo.cas file that resides in C:\documents and settings\All users\Application Data\Autodesk\ADLM.  After the file is deleted, AutoCAD and/or Inventor will recreate it.  See TS15176093.

Thanks for you help!

John Weiss

CAD Administrator

Follett Corporation

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report