Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop / start server problem

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
jlaidler
649 Views, 12 Replies

stop / start server problem

Whenever I manually STOP the server, then select START I get this problem. The license manager will say that the server started successfully, but no one get start AutoCAD. I have to re-boot the server, then re-start the license manager.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, why I can't just "stop/start" to re-start the license manager ??

Thanks.
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: jlaidler

Hi, to stop server when any licenses are borrowed you should first select "Force Server Shutdown" checkbox (which is under Stop/Start button) and then click Stop. To run your server right now you need to reboot it. Hope it helps. Efim "jclaidler" wrote in message news:13096409.1082655417505.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Whenever I manually STOP the server, then select START I get this problem. The license manager will say that the server started successfully, but no one get start AutoCAD. I have to re-boot the server, then re-start the license manager. > > Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, why I can't just "stop/start" to re-start the license manager ?? > > Thanks.
Message 3 of 13
jlaidler

Hey Efim,
you are answering all of my questions today... lol

So what you are saying is, you need to reboot the 'server' everytime you stop the license manager ??
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Nope, I said that you need to reboot it right now, because you stopped it incorrectly and adskflex and lmgrd still running on your machine, when you stop it as I described it before you'll be fine and you'll be able to launch it again without reboot. Efim "jclaidler" wrote in message news:16983042.1082660633164.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hey Efim, > you are answering all of my questions today... lol > > So what you are saying is, you need to reboot the 'server' everytime you stop the license manager ??
Message 5 of 13
jlaidler

No one was borrowing at the time, should you still 'force' the shutdown ??
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

If you're sure that nobody borrowed, you can stop server without force shutdown. Efim "jclaidler" wrote in message news:16985296.1082662623793.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > No one was borrowing at the time, should you still 'force' the shutdown ??
Message 7 of 13
jlaidler

I did just that, and the actual 'server' needed to be re-booted. If I just select 'Start', the license manager would read the license, and start succesfully. But no one could start AutoCAD.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

So, what are you saying, that you rebooted your server, started it, but clients can't launch AutoCAD? What error message are they getting? Can you please send me directly your debug log file from the server. Regards, Efim efim.tetelman@autodesk.com "jclaidler" wrote in message news:18755477.1082718793211.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I did just that, and the actual 'server' needed to be re-booted. If I just select 'Start', the license manager would read the license, and start succesfully. But no one could start AutoCAD.
Message 9 of 13
jlaidler

I 'stop' the license manager, then 'start' it again.
Attached is a screenshot of the license manager after I restart, then do a 'status'.

I have to 'reboot' the server, then users can start AutoCAD.
Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

The status saying that lmgrd is running but service didn't start correctly, so you need to reboot your machine and then start server if you didn't set up it to start automatically. Efim "jclaidler" wrote in message news:17566784.1082743115776.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I 'stop' the license manager, then 'start' it again. > Attached is a screenshot of the license manager after I restart, then do a 'status'. > > I have to 'reboot' the server, then users can start AutoCAD.
Message 11 of 13
jlaidler

I have that option selected, to start automatically.
But why do I have to reboot after stopping ??
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

FLEXlm has a problem to stop sever when license is borrowed so, Macrovision found that if "Force Server Shutdown" checkbox is checked at the stop time, then sever will stop without any problems and if user forgot to check it there is only one way to reboot. Regards, Efim "jclaidler" wrote in message news:14069710.1082744704073.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have that option selected, to start automatically. > But why do I have to reboot after stopping ??
Message 13 of 13
jlaidler

I restarted the server, now SMARTreport works.
Thanks for all the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report