Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

softlock license manger error message

45 REPLIES 45
SOLVED
Message 1 of 46
sbenda60
60779 Views, 45 Replies

softlock license manger error message

I have installed the 2012 upgrade. When I open the program I get the following error:

The security system (softlock license manager) is not functuining or is improperly installed.

The program then shuts down. Any ideas?

45 REPLIES 45
Message 41 of 46
David_RTC
in reply to: David_RTC

Sorry the above is difficult to read - I did format my post but that has been lost ....
Message 42 of 46
David_RTC
in reply to: sbenda60

I have a system running Windows XP SP3 Professional and Autocad Electrical 2012.

The installation is standalone for a single licence on one computer.

The PC is on a local Domain and the Domain Controller is running Server 2003. Therefore the user login credentials and rights are those configured by the server User Accounts settings.

If I log in using an account with ( network ) administrator rights all is fine. If, on the Domain Controller, I promote the user account to administrator rights all is fine. However as soon as I demote the user account to Power User rights I get a Softlock error and the program exits. Hence everything points to a permission rather than an installation issue.

I have set the Flexnet service so it starts automatically and logged into the user account checked it is shown as started from Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

I have set full permissions for everyone for both the Flexnet folder
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\
and the files
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_xxxxx_tsf.data
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_xxx_tsf.data.backup

The Autocad 2012 installation was done by someone no longer with the company so I dare not do a full re-installation as I could not set up the same configuration again for the user - yes I do have a HDD image to cover a system failure. Having said this I really do suspect I would still have the same problem anyway.

If it was possible to give the user local administrator rights but not network administrator rights, while far from ideal, it would be an acceptable work-around. However as far as I am aware this is not possible, or at least very difficult to configure and way beyound my knowledge.

Data Protection forbids the user being an administrator on the domain since they would be able to either access confidential data directly or have the rights to allow them to (re)set passwords and/or modify/add folder permissions to allow access. Equally it is not possible to remove the user from the network since they need to access to information files and to store the files they create.

All suggestions to potentially resolve this issue will be appreciated.

--------------------------

Forum / Administrator note :-

I have posted this using a different computer to try and retain the formatting.

If it works please delete my earlier posts and/or advise me how to delete them.

Thank you.

Message 43 of 46
laurieym
in reply to: David_RTC

I am trying a new install of Autocad LT 2017 on a new computer running Windows 10.  I have downloaded the installer from the AutoCad site and run it, but I get the message

"the license manager is not functioning or is improperly installed".

During the installation there was no dialogue concerning user name, details or anything about temporary use or longer term licensing. 

I don't have a FLEXnet folder under C:\ProgramData

I have created one and re-run the program, I have tried running it as Admin but I still get the same error.

I do have FLEXnet running under the services tab of MSconfig -- it was set to manual and I reset it to automatic, but that didn't make any difference.  As this is a new install on a new clean version of windows 10, I don't see what uninstalling and re-installing will do to change anything.  Can anyone throw any light on this please?

Thank you

Message 44 of 46
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: laurieym

@laurieym

Welcome to the community...

Start here and let us know if that resolved the issue.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 45 of 46
laurieym
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thank you -- creating a new LGS.DATA file has solved it.

L

Message 46 of 46

Experienced this same issue and used this solution on Windows 10.  Place your Flexnet folder on your desktop, and it works!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report