Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial number doesn't match with the product key

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
aboelkair_3amer
1586 Views, 5 Replies

serial number doesn't match with the product key

every time i enters the product key and the serial number an alert appears telling me that the serial number and the product key doesnt match what shall i do?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi and welcome to our forums!

Which product and version are you trying to activate and which product key are you entering? (please be careful to not provide your serial number in public)

Thanks!

Celine Manca
Message 3 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: aboelkair_3amer

HI Omar,

There is actually a known issue with AutoCAD for Mac licenses issued from the Education Community.

Please refer to the this page for a workaround for your AutoCAD for Mac Activation issue. Specifically:

If you are using AutoCAD for Mac, you can activate the software by:

1) choosing to install the software in trial mode 
2) when launching the program in trial mode (once installed) you will be faced with run / continue in “trial mode” or “activate” - select the activation option 
3) follow the process (enter Serial Number and Product Key) to circumvent the previous issue and allow for a proper activation

Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions or inquiries.

Message 4 of 6
negin9D9HV
in reply to: philip.s

I have a Mac. My serial number and product key did not work. I tried doing the trial mode and that did not work either. Now my software trial has expired. I'm a t a loss as to what to do.

here is the email I received when I bought the auto cad course through the Interior Design Institute.

Dear Negin Urry,
Licensee's product license information:

Product: AutoCAD 2017 for Mac
License Type: Education Stand-alone
Access Type: Single-user
Authorized Usage: Install on up to 2 personal devices*
Product Key: 777I1
Serial Number: xxx-xxxxxxxx
Term: 3-year term
Licensee: Negin Urry

Message 5 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: negin9D9HV

@negin9D9HV

First thing...  Welcome to the community..

Second thing.. Although the forum rules caught your serial # and "X" it out..  Never and I mean never share personal information such as your serial # here.

Final thing...

1.  Did you actual install AutoCAD 2017 for Mac or perhaps another version.

2.  The fourth character in 2017 product key is the letter I (eye)

3.  Do not copy and paste serial numbers and/or product key from any information.   You must type it in.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 6
natasha.l
in reply to: negin9D9HV

Hello @negin9D9HV,

Make sure to review the system requirements as well. I have created a post here regarding the Steps for Setting-Up Student Software, take a look at it. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report