Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
vancep
162 Views, 2 Replies

re-installing

So im a student and i have been using the full version of autodesk on my computer running windows xp for about 4-5 months now and i went and upgraded my computer to windows 7 and when i did that, all my old files were moved to a folder labled windows.old. now i can no longer access autodesk though i can still find the autodesk folder with files in it. is there someway to either run the program still or how could i reinstall it?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: vancep

No, you will need to reinstall the program on your new Windows 7 installation.  Windows XP does not directly upgrade to Windows 7, so your old Windows installation and files were replaced during the upgrade.  Your files are there, but you cannot use the programs that were installed.  Once reinstalled, you shouldn't have any problems.  Keep in mind that only Autodesk 2010 products and newer are supported on Windows 7.  If your AutoCAD is older than that, you might consider installing the Windows XP Virtual Machine mode from Microsoft.  It is free for Windows 7 users.  Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
vancep
in reply to: TravisNave

oh ok, that makes sense. well im using the 2012 one so thats not a problem. im reinstalling it now so ill have to see how it goes. thanks for the help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report